Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dina Varano in Chester, CT


Whenever I visit my friend Paula in Connecticut we usually take the short drive to the charming town of Chester. It is a beautiful historic mill town in the Connecticut River Valley that is known for its art galleries, elegant shops and great restaurants.


We always stop in at the shop of  Dina Varano
 which features her beautiful jewelry designs as well as a collection of fine crafts, eclectic home decor, beautiful purses, scarves, folk art  and unique and interesting gifts.


Over the years we have purchased any number of lovely gifts for friends and family here...and a few things for ourselves too!
 It was fun on Friday night to watch as several men stopped in
 to buy Christmas gifts.
  

click for a closer look!


It was difficult to photograph the shop at night...
I wanted to do justice to Dina's beautiful jewelry so I asked her for a few professional photos to share with you.
The necklace above is called the Flair
 and it is of oxidized sterling silver.


Dina's work is clearly inspired by nature.



This sterling silver bangle bracelet is called the Crowd


 Sterling silver rings








I took this photograph and the one below.
I love the organic quality in her work.


These gorgeous earrings are part of her impressions series
They might just be in my Christmas stocking!
Mr. Flea (aka Santa Baby) could always use a little help!
:)

If you are visiting Chester you will love her shop and gallery.
You can also see her work here:


I am linking up this mostly white and silver post
 to Kathleen's at Faded Charm for White Wednesday. 

23 comments:

Vintage is for Lovers said...

Gorgeous jewelry! and I Love the vibe of the store with the Peace inspired Christmas tree in the window! What a lovely place! xo Samantha

DustyLu said...

Lovely style! I love how you take me to such amazing places! You live in a place with a ton of character! Thanks for sharing it with me! Lulu

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hello Dear Laura
I'm sorry I've been so absent.. darn internet.. but trying to catch up with everyone's posts.... I've just been drooling over all your fabulous shots of the wonderful shops you have visited this week... Carole's of course is a dreamland.. such a clever and creative soul.. and wonderful friend to all...

Hope you have a fabulous christmas... love and happiness to you and your family.. and hopefully I will make it back for another visit before then!!! In case I don't .. thanks so much for being such a great friend and blogging companion!!!

ciao ciao.. xxx Julie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Just beautiful. I have a thing for jewelry, especially of the silver variety. And those rings. Love, love rings! You certainly visited so many beautiful shops and people! Peace and blessings to you and yours this holiday season. Tammy

Unknown said...

Stunning. Charmaine

Ana said...

A beautiful shop, Laura. Enjoy this Chrismas comming and continue showing us your world. Merry Christmas!

Lilla Blanka said...

Dear Laura,

Thank you so much for all the inspiration! I love that you take us to these beautiful shops..!

Merry Christmas!!!
Hugs
Mia
PS I´m so happy that you like the 52 sign!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Laura I just wanted to come by before work and wish you and your family a very merry Christmas..your such a lovely,kind and good hearted person,I wish you nothing but the best my sweet friend! Lots of love,Chrissy

Jamie said...

Those rings are amazing.

Bleudelavande said...

Ooohhh Laura, gorgeous style!!!I wish you and your family a merry Christmas!!!
Big hugs

oldgreymare said...

Laura,

Thank you so much for all the beautiful tours. Of course I was especially thrilled to see Carole's shop.

It sounds like you had a fabulous time. How could you not with such great women and fabulous shops and laughter shared?

I am wishing you a merry holiday and a healthy happy New Year with even more friend adventures.

merry merry

Suzan

Jennifer said...

Ohhh the ornaments! The jewelry is too cool - great artist and the shop looks like a fun place to hang. Jennifer Happy Holidays! jennsthreegraces

Mayflower said...

What a beautiful store and what a beautiful jewelery she makes.
I love it.
I wish you and your love-ones a Meer Christmas dear Laura and hope for long to enjoy your beautiful blog.
Warm wishes, Mea

moonstone said...

HELLO LAURA I WISH FOR YOU A BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS AND HEATHY, HAPPY 2011! THE JEWELRY ARE VERY NICE LOVE THE NECKLACES.

Kellie Collis said...

What a really lovely shop! I love those necklace and bangles! Have a happy holiday, Kellie xx

Sea Angels said...

Stunning jewelry I especially loved the bangles xxx
I hope you have a fabulous Christmas, and wanted to also say I have loved your blog pages so much, they bring me such pleasure from so very far away.
Lynn xxxx

Andy's Attic said...

Her jewelry is really elegant! And I like the wreath that is a peace sign. Fun, fun.
Annette

Zita said...

Beautiful jewelry, Laura. I hope you do find some in your Christmas stocking :)

A bird in the hand said...

Connecticut is "next door". I'll put this gorgeous shop on my list.
And thank you for the eBay tip -- as you saw I won the French ribbon ;) No one bid against me!
Merry Christmas,
Colette xo

Carole said...

Exceptional work. I can see why you two are drawn to it. It's been so long since I went to Chester and it's not even that far from me.
Hope Mr Flea gets your hint! or is it a definite?? haha

x
Carole

Vicki Boster said...

Your friend's creations are so unique and beautiful - the photos are stunning!! I am not sure I could choose - definately something to drool over!

vicki

Suz said...

Laura,
I am totally overwhelmed. That is some of the most beautiful jewelry I have seen in ages! Thanks for such a lovely tour.
Love,
Suz

LizlovesVintage said...

Laura,
Thanks for the great eye candy.Another great shop displayed. Merry Christmas my dear! Hugs, Liz