Monday, December 19, 2011

Sunshine and Cold

The sun is shining this morning
 although it is cold here in New York!
I am looking forward to this Christmas weekend
 and spending time with our family and good friends.



We will be seeing our special little girls on Christmas Eve.
They are so excited as they wait to see what Santa will bring.


 Thanks to all for your kind and encouraging words.
I am filled with gratitude for my many blessings and
 appreciate the reminder to be present in the moment
 and plan on making many new happy memories!

Starting with making some Christmas cookies...
I'm off to the grocery store for more sprinkles!


"May your holidays be filled with reasons to be thankful.
Having loved and having been loved
is perhaps the most wondrous reason of all."

These words are from a newsletter put out by Hospice of the Valley
 and were sent to me by Cathie...a  thoughtful and kind follower of 52 FLEA.


Love to you all!
:)

16 comments:

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

The weather is finally feeling more Christmassy around here, too. It's so hard to believe that it's just days away, isn't it?!

I hope your time spent with loved ones and good friends is filled with bountiful joy. ;)

Merry Christmas, Laura!

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Blondie's Journal said...

Merry Christmas, Laura!

XO,
Jane

Cindy said...

Merry Christmas to you Laura. It has been my pleasure getting to know you this year. I look forward to the new year and reading all your wonderful post. Blessings to you and your family...xo Cindy

Mayflower said...

Merry Christmas dear Laura. I hope you have wonderful days with your family and friends.
Warm wishes, Mea

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a lovely holiday season and sending thoughts of peace and warmth your way! Xoxoxo

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas Laura! I hope you have a Blessed New Year =0)

Beadboard UpCountry said...

HI Laura!
Sounds Like your xmas is shaping up nicely.... Have a great holiday!!!! Maryanne xo

Dorthe said...

Dear Laura, I too am getting my little family home, and so looks forward to see them-
I wish you and yours a very happy holiday time together, with love and joy.
Blessings for the new yeaR 2012, to you.
Hugs, Dorthe

okcamp said...

Merry Christmas, Laura. The older I get, the more I realize the greatest Christmas gift is spending time with loved ones. Enjoy your special little girls.
Diane

Carole said...

Wonderful words Laura. Seeing those little faces will cheer you up I'm sure.

hugs
Carole

Anonymous said...

Have a great time with your friends and family..It's to snow here..Finally..
Merry Christmas..

Finding Home said...

I am in Orange County, NY - noticed you said you were in NY too, what general area. Now, I am also having a mind cramp that we may have already discussed this, but I am not sure! Aaah! My mind may be going to mush!

Anonymous said...

Buon Natale Laura, to you an family all!!! p.s. Lovely wire basket!!!! :) W. the Antiques Lovers

Anonymous said...

Joyeux Noël à Vous et toute Votre Famille plein de bisous de Paris une fidèle Barbara

Revi said...

Wishing you lots of "sprinkles" - those little extras that make life special! I've enjoyed your blog since August...
-Revi

Technology Innovation said...

Beautiful words Laura. Lovely wire basket. I hope you have wonderful days with your family and friends.