Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cleaning Out



Last weekend I had planned to go to the flea market on Sunday.......I took Friday off of work in order to clean off my front porch which I am embarrassed to confess had become a storage area over the last few years....



I filled the back seat of my car as well as the trunk with tons of stuff to bring to the thrift store....



It felt really good to begin to get a handle on what exactly I had, what I wanted to keep and what I knew I could get rid of......



It felt even better when I delivered it all to the thrift store this afternoon.....they loved it all and even gave me a statement for my taxes.....



I really got into the purging process....I am afraid I have been a bit of a hoarder (stop laughing at me family) ....anyway.....I was so involved in the cleaning out process I decided not to go to the market on Sunday and instead kept going through all this stuff that had accumulated.....


I think you could say that I might have even had a breakthrough.....My family will be very impressed and proud of me as I plan to continue cleaning out this coming weekend.......
Oh and by the way.....the things in these photographs.....well, they are the things I kept....and are back on the porch.....couldn't quite part with them yet....

14 comments:

Corine(THUIS) said...

First I thought you'd bring away all he things at the photographs.. What is she doing?!?!
But happily it was the stuff you kept!!!
Nice story and pictures!! Greetings, Corine(THUIS)

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

WHEW, FOR A MINUTE THERE I THOUGHT THOSE WERE PICS OF THE THINGS YOU TOOK TO CHARITY! I CAN SEE THAT YOU HAVE VERY GOOD SENSE! GOOD GIRL!
JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG. LOVE IT AND WILL BE BACK OFTEN.

Pam @ Frippery said...

I agree, I thought "OH NO How could you take all that goodness and send it away" Good job on decluttering but, yikes, you scared me for a minute.

cheryl kuhn said...

I can see why you kept all those wonderful pieces! I love the watering cans and the wire basket.

villa extra said...

oh no...you brought me in a case of shock.. you will regret giving all those wonderfull things away...and these special white cows...they are gorgeous...what was in your mind??? i am almost in tears...

The Potting Shed said...

Stop by and visit. I put some pics of frogs...from the article we talked about. xo Joan

Brenda Kula said...

Well, I think if you had gotten rid of those things you would likely have regretted it! Can't have enough watering cans.
Brenda

Carole said...

I thought the same thing too. Why is she giving these things away, but luckily the hoarder in you came thru and kept these treasures. I was going to tell you to bring them down and I would sell them. I love all the gardeny stuff. I LOVE it ALL!!!! Great Stuff

Unknown said...

OMG I felt the same way! How can she give those wonderful treasures away..what thrift store did you give it to I'm on my way to buy everything. Thank goodness that's the stuff you kept. Warm wishes, Esther

Stephanie said...

Sometimes I think a good purge is good for the soul. It feels good to free up space once in a while.

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hi sweetie!

First, thanks for stoppin' by the yaya! I must say it ALWAYS feels good when I do a good spring cleaning of my studio. But, the day comes when I need something for a project and guess what????? :)

Take care and keep in touch! xo..deb

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Good your not crazy afterall....you scared me for a second!!! Talk soon, Chrissy

mimi charmante said...

What an incredible collection of treasures! What I wouldn't give for that scale! Those square glass refrigerator containers! The watering cans!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

As I read through this post, there were a number of wonderful items that stood out to me, and I thought, "There is NO way I could have parted with that." What a relief to read that the items pictured were the ones you actually kept! WHEW!!!

Happy Hoarding! lol

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/