Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This dress form had my name on it!





As my maiden name is Borchers......this dress form that I found in Warrensburg, NY last October really was calling me! Her tattered and torn black covering fell apart to reveal a version of my family name! It was meant to be! It has a nice black finial which seems to be missing from my picture.....won't she look pretty in the black slip with the many crinolines that is somewhere in the back of the attic closet? I don't think I have ever met a dress form I didn't like.... I have a wire one that we found at the Red Barn, a brown linen one I found in Mystic, CT while shopping with Paula and a navy and creme one that is missing its bottom half....thought I would cover that one in rhinestone pins. If I get to it, I will surely post it!

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Hi Laura:

I have just found out about your site and I love it. I love what you love and therefore, you know how it goes. I have added you to my favorites so I don't lose you!! Can't wait to see what is next.............soon I will have my blog up and running, I promise to let you know very soon......Always, Robins Egg Blue

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*~* Such a cool dress form!!!~*~* You have the best treasures!!~*RAchel