Thursday, February 26, 2009

Eggs





















































































The egg has long been a symbol of immortality and fertility.......... It is also a sure sign of spring....two or three cradled in their nest tucked in the forsythia bush outside my kitchen window................................The shape of the egg is pleasing to the eye, the feel....so smooth and easy to hold in the palm of your hand.....yet so fragile....and when cooked to your liking.....delicious! My sister MaryBeth always liked hers poached on toast....my Dad likes them anyway Mom cooks them, my sister Lynn doesn't like them at all and I like mine in an omelet or a quiche with lots of mushrooms and cheese!

3 comments:

Carole said...

Love eggs too...the ones you eat and the decorative ones. The table and chair set with the tiny eggs on the table are too cute!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

The little green table and chairs were given to me by Paula......she found TWO sets and shared one with me!

kristinco said...

Merci d'avoir laissé un commentaire sur mon blog, cela m'a permis de TE DECOUVRIR et je vais m'endormir le coeur plein de REVES !