Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm not greedy...I like a lot




So this little cup that I found at a house sale a number of years ago.....kind of speaks to me or rather about me. There is no doubt that I like a lot.....a whole lot....but the term "greedy" sounds rather harsh....don't you think? I can't help it if I find beauty in so many things or the possibility of a use for everything. I fundamentally disagree with the saying "less is more". That doesn't even make sense! There is no doubt that I am a gatherer.....and some would say a hoarder....I acquire too many things and part with few. It's a definite flaw in my character. I clearly like excess.....A single scoop of ice cream just won't suffice....a bowl of the stuff is more my style. After all, more is more!

1 comment:

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

OK, this post nails it! We are INDEED kindred spirits. I could have written THIS VERY POST myself...especially the part where you confide, "I can't help it if I find beauty in so many things or the possibility of a use for everything."

I'm afraid it drives my poor hubby a bit bonkers, at times, that I am such a hoarder... umm, I mean gatherer.

So glad to know I'm not the only one! ;)

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/