Monday, February 16, 2009

A Home and Gardens to Die For!









Paula Bruso is a special friend of mine, someone I met about 10 years ago at an antique and craft show at my son's high school. I was helping out along with the other moms and when I walked into Paula's booth my mouth dropped open as I had never seen anything so beautiful. I was completely flabbergasted at the way it was decorated....all in creams and white with touches of green and brown. The palette was beautiful with white woolly sheep and garlands of linen hearts and gossamer angels decorating the Christmas tree. The effect was immediate on me and because no one was in the booth at that moment I sat on the floor waiting for this person, the creative being who had decorated this space, a true kindred spirit, to return. She did return and we had an immediate connection and became good friends. Over the years we have been to many flea markets, Brimfield, Elephants Trunk, Madison Bouckville, antique shops and sales together. Never have I met someone who really understood my attraction to all things worn and weathered, rusty, dusty and crusty. My family remarked the first time they met her....".hey she's just like Laura"......we were enthusing over our finds at the end of a day of hunting and gathering. Anyway, her home is decorated in every nook and cranny with her special touch.....these are just a few pictures(click to enlarge). Her gardens are also something to behold. I admire her creative talents, her sense of humor and her beautiful spirit but most of all I treasure her friendship. I look forward to many more antiquing and flea marketing excursions in the future.....No one "gets me" when it comes to good old junk like Paula does. Do you have a special friend you love to antique or shop with?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh yes, I do have one and we always have great fun together, going to fleamarkets here in Switzerland! I just have discovered your precious blog and am very thrilled about it!
I'll be back soon! I don't have a blog myself,
but I'll try to send you this little comm.

Nice to have met you, looking for other posts!!

Vérène from Switzerland

Anonymous said...

Ohhh yes, I do have one, and we are going to
Fleamarkets, here in Switzerland, having great fun together!!
I just discovered your blog and I love it!
Seen it in the Links at the Stonehouse!
I don't have a blog myself but I hope my post will arrive at your blog!!
Kindest regards from Vérène Switzerland

kristinco said...

Beaucoup de points communs nous rapprochent !