Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tatted Webs



So, you know the post I did on my collection of glass paperweights the other day? Well, take a look at this! At the Wilton craft show this weekend I met Elaine O'Donal who has been tatting since the early 80's and had a beautiful booth full of her unique and lovely tatted lace creations.



Elaine is an international award winning tatter. You can view her website at www.tattedwebs.com where you can see many more photographs of her beautiful work.



She combines her tatted lace with stained glass...



and glass ornaments...



She makes pins and brooches...



collars and hankies with tatted lace edging...



Beautiful shawls and scarfs...



and hanging ornaments...



I think that her creations are stunning and would make wonderful gifts. If you are interested in learning more about Elaine and her craft you can click here for her website.

I had a great time at the Wilton American Craftsman Show with girlfriends Paula and Evi, who was exhibiting her fabulous Santas, snow girls, rabbits and dolls. I will post more of what I saw at this wonderful show over the next few days. Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday!
Take care, Laura :)

18 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

What wonderful work, Laura. and so clever.
I love the little boxes and the lace collars.
There are so many creative people in this world, aren't there ?
I still love your paperweights as they are. You presented them so well.
I look forward to seeing the other things that you saw. XXXX

Lululiz said...

Amazing work. I love the brooches best, they are just awesome.

north pal said...

your paperweight is lovely. so simple, yet beautiful and a lost art. what a talent. Bestest,Denise

Florence said...

Tatting is such a gift, I just marvel at the art that is put into that craft. Thanks for sharing. Florence

June said...

Hi Laura,
Her work is just lovely. She makes so many beautiful things and it certainly does make a beautiful paperweight!
What an art to have mastered so well.
Hugs,
June

Theresa said...

Well I have never heard of tatting. I will certainly go look at her website. It is beautiful work. Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

Unknown said...

Wow! This is lovely! I happen to ♥ tatting so I find this of great interest! Thank you for sharing! Her work is stunning and she displays it so nicely! I just love it! Thanks for sharing her site, too! I'm off to go look at that now. If you would like to see more tatting you are welcome to come and visit my blog anytime! It's ALL about the tatting over there. I have a lot of bloggy friends who tat and have many tatting blog links and tatting site links on my side bar, too! Come on over!

Tarnished Rose said...

I'm in LOVE. Her work is beautiful.
Marilyn

Carole said...

Sooooo much work! It's mindboggling! I would never have the patience! It's lovely though. Good that some are still keeping the skill alive!
xxx....C

Anonymous said...

I am so in awe of people that can create this level of intracy in their work. It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it!

Anne Lorys said...

Just lovely! I am soooo not a crafter, I didn't even know what tatting was! But now that I do, I love it.
It's always good to learn something new! ;-)
Hugs,
Anne

cheryl kuhn said...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful pieces of art. They made me think of my great grandma that used to tat, it is truly a lost art!

Linda K. said...

I can see why she is award winning at tatting. What gorgeous work! Thank you for stopping by 'Robins Egg Blue' and entering the giveaway! Best to you, Laura!

Blessings,
Linda

Bluebird said...

wow! those pieces are all fabulous! i LOVE the paperweight lace idea! thanks for sharing Elaine's gorgeous work!

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

Hi Laura, Thanks so much for stopping by, I'll be showing my flea market finds on White Wednesday....Wow, do I love the paperweight! Her art of tatting behind that glass really pops!
My Best
Gale

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

The perfect compliment to your paperweight. I love tatting...my beloved grandmother loved to tatt. I can still see her pretty cup and saucer sitting on the table where she kept her supplies. My friend and I tried to learn...boy, it's really hard! Thanks for sharing about this lovely art form and for the wonderful memories it brought up for me tonight.
Susie

BellaRosa said...

Laura what beautiful creations she makes! Thank you for sharing them with us. Besos, Rose

Tatskool said...

That is such a beautiful display of tatting. I tat too and have a blog.