Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Santas, Snowgirls and Stockings



I saved the best for last! This wonderful Santa was designed and hand crafted by my dear friend and renowned dollmaker, Evi Araujo. It sold at the Wilton show along with many more of her beautiful one of a kind creations.





Click to enlarge for an ever better look at the details!



This is one of Evi's snow angels...
...beautiful antique fabrics...every stitch perfect!









A lovely lady named Barbara purchased this charming Santa dressed in a white coat riding in his shoe sleigh.
Barbara's sister purchased the brown cloaked Santa in the first photos.
These two have a lot of fun shopping together!



A close up of the tiny treasures in the sleigh...

I am always in awe of Evi's imaginative creations...each designed and executed with the utmost attention to detail...Collectors from all over the world seek out her unique and exquisite work which explains why she usually sells out when exhibiting at shows.
If you are interested in learning more about Evi's dolls or her show schedule you may contact me.



Karen Pfaller is a crafter who has been exhibiting at the Wilton show for many years. She creates stockings and other folk art using vintage fabrics and antique textiles whenever possible.



I have been collecting Karen's stockings for a number of years now....and have quite a few that were made from old quilts, toile and other antique fabrics.







Besides Christmas, Karen creates stockings and folk art for other seasons and holidays...
...here are some Halloween stockings



This pair of stockings is intended for an engaged couple or newlyweds...The doves hold a beautiful ribbon which bind the pair together...
The creme colored stocking on the right is made from a very old quilt and has a heart wreath made from delicate wax flowers...



Yes, the stocking on the right with the antique wax flowers is now mine!

Have a great night!
:) Laura

27 comments:

Marie said...

What a gorgeous array in white- I love all of it, but I must must have a bat stocking.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Lisa said...

Awesome!! I love it all! What really talented ladies! What fun to see their creations!
Hugs, Lisa

Chemin des Muguets said...

Laura,

Such a lovely way to begin the countdown to the holidays. Your friend is one talented gal, I can see why she sells out at shows. I love your new/old stocking too.

Marjorie

aimee said...

just beautiful. such talent :)
blessings,
aimee

The French Bear said...

Wow, it is all so stunning!!!! I think I'd have to mortgage my house!!! Ha ha, I want it all!!! It is so great to see the talents of so many artists!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Laura:
These Christmas goodies take my breath away. They're so beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I only wish I lived closer. I would have loved to go.
Blessings,
Donna

KarenB said...

The heart one was my favorite too. Just beautiful. Does she have a website or blog?

Carole said...

It was great to see what Barbara and her sister bought. I can see why they fell in love with them. The detail is remarkable. I'm in love with that little baby in the crib. I can't stop staring at it! Just like Paula always says...she just keeps getting better and better! She outdoes herself everytime!
xxx....Carole

Debra@CommonGround said...

Thank you, Laura, for sharing with us the talent of these incredible women. The snow angels are just amazing!
Debra

Pearl said...

Wow what fun you must have had! Such beauty and detail is right. Thanks I really enjoyed this post.

Les Cotrions said...

Ciao Laura! You have very talented friends!!!! Evi is an artist! This Santa is gorgeous!!! Beautiful stockings from vintage fabrics! You made a so lovely purchase!!!
Have a nice day my friend!
Big hugs
Vale

jade said...

Oh, what a wonderful post dear Laura - i love all this great treasures!!! The snow angel is soo sweet........everything is soo beautiful, all this lovely details!!!!!! Thank you so much, for all your inspiration and have a wonderful day,

Hugs Jade

miniacollection said...

What a wonderful Santa ! It is just perfect, with all the accessories. I love it and the poetic snow angel as well. Thank you showing them.

Anne Lorys said...

I love those tiny little treasures in the sleigh! All the faces are so expressive! I can see why people seek her out, thank you for introducing this amazing artist to me!
Hugs,
Anne

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Crikey Laura, what a wonderful array of Santas and angels and stockings. The little toys in Santa's sleigh are so beautiful..... and you bought the best stocking. The one with the doves and ribbon is just perfect for an engaged couple or a couple getting married. Oh Laura....you have the BEST fairs. XXXX

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

So beautiful... I can see why you chose the stocking with the heart.
Susan

vintage girl at heart said...

What wonderfully enchanting artwork... the stockings made out of old textiles and for all seasons are just incredible as are all of the pieces shown here. I love that the sisters bought the two Santas.
You will have to delight us with your collection of the latter artist's stockings that you've collected through the years!!!
As always your blog is a dream!!! I just love popping in!

Uncanny Festoon said...

Hi Laura, thanks for sharing all the woderful treats. What insperation! You have a very talented friend! I myself adore the snow angles!

Joy.......................always

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

What absolutely stunning creations, Laura. I can't believe the incredible beauty and all the work that must have gone into creating them. Everything is gorgeous!

June said...

Hi Laura,

You have picked the prettiest stocking to be yours. Just beautiful! I also adore the other white ones and those sweet green felt with the trees. Karen's work is lovely.
Evi is such a talented doll maker. The first santa is amazing. Her attention to detail is crazy beautiful.
Hugs,
June

Rosemary said...

Hi Laura,
Wow, so cute! Love the snow angel!
Thanks for sharing with us!

Peonies & Magnolias said...

How gorgeous. They are all so beautiful but I do love the snow angel with santa a close second.

Sandy

my Grama's Soul said...

Laura - what beautiful treasure you have shared with us. The Santa dolls are truly amazing. This holiday season is surely going to be a feast for my eyes.

Cheers,

Jo

Lululiz said...

The Santas are exquisite, all those teeny tiny perfectly formed little treasures!

Floss said...

I am not usually a big Santa fan (shh, don't tell him) but the brown cloaked Santa is truly fantastic. It just goes to show that it's the commercial images that have put me off...

The newlyweds' stockings are also wonderfully beautiful and imaginative.

Bumpkin Hill said...

so many beautiful treasures, I love the snow angels and those stockings are wonderful. So glad I found your blog, Catherine x

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Laura
I'm just going through all the posts I have missed... will take me some time.. but I spotted this one.. and I LOVE IT!!

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these Santa Claus.. just exactly as I KNOW Santa Claus looks... They've been trying to tell me for years that he actually wears red... but I just KNOW he's more into the natural tones and after all he's been around so long he must be Vintage himself ... !! LOVE IT

Love those little Snow Angels too...

Thanks for sharing these delights... xx Julie