Friday, November 20, 2009

Heartwells



The first time I saw button cards similar to these it was at Wilton in the booth of Kim Stout from Thistle Hill. These charming button cards were at the show this year in the booth of Deborah Hartwick of Heartwells. Kim and Debbie are friends and share a blog along with Stacey Bear called Truffle Pigs Sewing Room...



I just love the simplicity and charm of these little cards...



Deborah makes all kinds of whimsical items...pincushions, emerys, animal dolls, pillows, etc. I have bought quite a few of her little treasures at various shows over the years. The little acorn above is actually an emery with an acorn top...I have a darling little bee emery that is up at the lake house and several pin cushions too. Click here to see more of Deborah Hartwick's creations.



Debbie made this sweet pin cushion with the bird on top... I bought it at the Wilton show a few years ago....I think...or maybe it was a gift from Paula..? (I must be getting old...I AM getting older!)...The tiny red pin cushion in the sweet grass basket is an antique from my collection of vintage sewing items.
You can also see the handiwork of all three of these ladies at Earth Angels...
Hooray! Tomorrow is Saturday....I get to play house! :) Laura

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love the pin cushion with the bird on top. You have the most amazing things Ms. 52!!!!!

Florence said...

I love all those pincushions, that sale sounds great. Florence

sylvia said...

This pincushion is a dream but I also like the cards with the buttons. Help...another thing I want to make myself...

Barbara Jean said...

very sweet button cards.

Like the wool birds too.

barbara jean

peet said...

What a nice cards !!
What a good idee !!
Have a nice weekend

Love from holland
Peet

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

More gorgeous things, Laura. The little acorn is so sweet and that tiny red pin cushion is gorgeous.
Have a lovely weekend playing house. XXXX

Theresa said...

Precious! Love pincushions and those are the cutest! Have a wonderful weekend!

Rostrose said...

Pretty little items! I love the card-idea, and pin cushion with the bird and the other treasures are so sweet!
Hugs, Traude

lia said...

What a nice cards.
And what a nice clock faces from the other post.
Lovely.
Have a great weekend,

Lovely greets from Lia

Ange said...

I do admit to having a penchant for cards which corresponds with a heartfelt love of writing. I rarely see buttons on cards though and they are fabulous. Using Alice in Wonderland pages for the pots is very inventive too! Affectueusement..;

Susan - said...

I always LOVE coming here and visiting your site. You have such sweet and lovely images! Very inspiring.

Trouvais said...

Very cute. Just lugged out the sewing machine again, some hand stitching, so nice to revisit homemade. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Trish