Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas at the Wilton Show



There were signs of Christmas at the Wilton American Craftsman show and Dorthea Fitzgerald of Passion for Santas presented a booth that was nothing less than magical!



The renowned artist handcrafts wonderful Santas, elves and other characters...





Dorothea uses polymer clay to fashion the faces and incorporates antique fabrics and vintage quilts into their clothes...
Her Santas hold handcrafted bears and toys and are simply charming.
Check out her website to learn more about her and her craft and to see many more Santas!



Look at these whimsical woolies that are the creation of Maureen Connors Lavorgne of The Ram's Horn Connection ...



Maureen uses a wool wrapping method in conjunction with needle felting to create a cast of wonderful characters...



Her whimsical woolen characters are shown at the American Folk Art Museum stores in NYC and other museums around the country. Her work has been featured in many magazines.



They really are unique and charming. For more information on her art, her Etsy shop and upcoming shows click here.
I hope you have enjoyed these photographs from the show on Saturday. Tomorrow I will share a few of Evi's wonderful snowgirls, Santas and dolls as well as some unique Christmas stockings created from antique textiles from the booth of Karen Pfaller.
Have a great night!

25 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

This is just wonderful, like a little Christmas Fantasy Land!
Sandra Evertson

Annabelle said...

Oh, gosh...those beautiful Santas...and the animals!! I love the pictures of the tatting in the last post, too. My Grandmother was a tatter. :)

Anne Marie said...

amazing Saint Nicholas........I would love to learn how to do that someday.....you know.....in my "spare time"

Elyse said...

ooh - thanks so much for sharing. i especially like the little animals.

how can it be mid-november already?

xo

Anonymous said...

What wonderful Santas and little friends. It's just amazing the talent of others, isn't it?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Rosemary said...

Ho Ho Ho!!
Thanks for sharing,
Rosemary

Ange said...

It's actually quite overwhelming to see the incredible amount of talented, patient and artistic women out there in the world. Thanks for sharing these ones. I am looking forward to discovering the polymer clay faced Santas as they remind me a little of a school project we had of making marionettes for theatre. It aint that easy to do! A sweet reminder of the amount of time and love dedicated to crafts,especially at this time of year! Astounding...

Carole said...

Great faces on those Santa's. I have a few of those wooly guys. If I remember right her booth is always swamped. Her assortment is amazing...it makes it hard to chose.
xx...Carole

Anonymous said...

You must have been in heaven this weekend my dear! Great photos and it looks like it was a wonderful show.

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Such detail!! I fear I would not have the patience to complete such detailed work!

These make me think of sweet Evi's dolls, too...

Thanks so much for sharing!

Ruth

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

The faces on the Santa's are so lifelike. I'm sure Santa's face is just like that....not that I've ever seen the REAL Santa. He visits me every year and leaves me presesnts but he is so clever.....I have yet to catch him !! Fantastic work by Dorothea. She is so talanted..... and Maureen.s little characters are so magical. You find such wonderful things, Laura. Not a bit of tarnished tinsel in sight ! XXXX

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

Laura, Thanks for sharing...the faces on a couple of the first Santas are just amazing! What talent!
My Best
gale

FILIGREE MOON said...

So beautiful! Looking forward to your next post! ~ Angela

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Laura, these are some talented ladies! The Santas are fabulous, but that mouse in the stocking and the three kitties just grabbed me! Love seeing all this magic!
Debra

manon 21 said...

un rêve d'enfant Laura!
Bonne journée

manon

miniacollection said...

Thank you for sharing all these beautiful Christmas things and giving us the links. YOur photos really makes me want to go and visit the various site.

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Laura

How lovely they are! The Father Christmas in picture 2 almost looks real. Very clever indeed. Off to look at the Etsy site now.
Take care
Isabelle x

Theresa said...

Love those dolls, wow! Can't wait for more pics! Have a blessed day!

Sandy said...

I love to surf around the net and find new and interesting blogs. Today I found yours. I spent way too much time going through it, but it was time well spent!

cheryl kuhn said...

How lucky you were to be able to attend the show, I am sure it gave you a big dose of Christmas cheer!

Greet Lefèvre said...

Hi dear Lee,
Thank you for your sweet comment!
The face of these Santas look so real! Wonderful! I would love to have these for my Christmas decoration!

xx
Greet

French Kissed said...

Beautiful and whimsical...so perfect for getting us ready to appreciate the wonder of this special season. ~Jermaine~

pysseltanten said...

Absolutly lovely...=))
Hugs Git

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hey girlfriend!

The details on these are amazing aren't they! Did you get any???? Thanks for droppin' by the Yaya studio! Have a beautiful & creative day....xo...deb

vicki archer said...

The snow angels are just lovely...xv