Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Jewelry



I love this lariat necklace for its cool summery colors and silver beads...



I've been wearing it a lot this summer...



The aquas and turquoise just say ocean and beach!

What jewels are you wearing this summer?

I received an email yesterday from a lovely girl named Gail who is new to blogging and intends to share her adventures as she is an innkeeper of a bed and breakfast.

I always thought it would be fun to run a bed and breakfast...
...I guess many of us have fantasized about that....
I could decorate all the rooms with my thrifty finds and many collections....
...I could make blueberry pancakes...
...Mr. Flea could entertain with singalongs and his guitar.

I would have to get my sister MaryBeth to keep everything clean as a whistle though...
and probably sister Lynn to keep me organized...
...but...
... it is so much fun to dream, isn't it?

I am sure Gail would appreciate a warm welcome....
...if you have time pop over and say hello!

Adventures In Innkeeping

Have a great night!
:)

17 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Sounds like a plan. :0)

Wearing almost no jewelry any longer.
Giving them to my kids to wear & enjoy so they have less to fight over when I'm gone. ;0)
No...........seriously .....just have a few pieces left as I hardly ever have the need to dress up anymore.

Beach House Living said...

That is a nice summer necklace but it's just too darn hot to wear any jewels lately.

Unknown said...

...the colors in your lovely lariat look like a coooool blue ocean wave!!
~ and yes, how fun Would it be, to make blueberry (and chocolate chip) pancakes for breakfast guests?!! I'm off for a visit :)
xo, Rosemary

north pal said...

thanx Laura,for directing us into the path of Gail. i have idea that this will be another comfy blog. Bestest,Denise

Melanie said...

Love the necklace! Do you remember where you got it?

~Melanie
www.comfyhouse.blogspot.com

Val said...

turquoise is truely the loveliest color in summertime!
val

Andi's English Attic said...

My favourite colours are all kinds of aquas, blues and greens. Most of my jewellery has that colour in it.
Beautiful necklace. xx

Theresa said...

Love that gorgeous necklace! I have necklace that I find myself wearing over and over, great piece of jewelry! I will pop over and pay Gail a visit! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I have a necklace that belonged to my Great-Great Aunt Rose....it was handed down to my Grandmother & then my Mother & now me. It is a compass that many of the Victorian Ladies used to wear as a pin or a pendant. I will have to do a post about it sometime.
I cherish it.......
Have a Great Day!!
Love,
Marilyn

Simple Daisy said...

Pretty..Pretty!!
I love absolutely anything in turquoise or aqua blue:)

Judy said...

I love the blue, green and silver combination in your jewelry! I only wear my watch during the summer. Too hot to have jewelry on -- I live in Arizona! And, I don't really dress up anymore since I am "retired".

Nevertheless, I love your pieces! I have a dear friend who would swoon over them!

Thanks for sharing!

Becca said...

Love anything to do with the sea. The silver with beachy, sea glass stones are my favorite almost all year around only to remind me of the ocean. Have a lovely Sunday!

Kateyed said...

Love that necklace, Laura. I would wear it all the time, too!

I have my hair cut in a bob (new for me) about an inch below my ears and all of a sudden I can't wear earrings. Don't wear bracelets or rings so necklaces are my new thing. Just very simple. Like this!

Did you make it?

xo,
Suz

{oc cottage} said...

That is quite lovely & summery!

m ^..^

Bonjade said...

Such love sea colours around here......makes me longing for the beach;)
Oh yes decorating a lovely room for your guests would indeed be great fun.......
dream...dream......
I am going to zapp over.....but I will be back soon;)
Fine evening

beth said...

Oh I do love wearing jewelry. I have had these flower earrings that are all the rage right now! So fun and summery!

lc said...

That is so pretty!!! Do you sell them?