Friday, July 2, 2010

You Were Right



Yes, you were right.
This was used to hold water in an old refrigerator/icebox.
The spout swings down and lets the water out.
I'm thinking of using it to make sun tea..
Anyway...I have never seen one before and think it's pretty nifty.



Who gets to lick the bowl in your house?
I made brownies for the kids today (both big and little kids)...
Spent two hours at the community center rummage sale this morning...
...and had tons of fun. I will show pictures tomorrow of my finds...

Everyone started arriving late this afternoon and we have a houseful now!
I'm so happy to crawl into bed tonight but know that tomorrow morning I will be refreshed and up early making blueberry pancakes...
...or as 5 year old Kate requested...M & M pancakes!

The forecast is for beautiful weather so I am sure we will be spending all day at the lake and in the water or boats.

The parade is at 7 pm and then fireworks at 9 pm.
I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Happy Celebrating!

:)

16 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the refrig water jug! VEry cool. I like the bowl now my kids are grown.

Andrea said...

I love the water thingy! I would so use that..I have never seen one before either!

littlethings1 said...

Your water jug is fabulous ! A great find !!
Eunice
The Little Things

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful 4th weekend!

Florence said...

Sounds like you are going to have a grand 4th. Florence

Amanda (Small Acorns) said...

The little girls and I lick the bowl together - we have to leave half the mix in the bottom as it is the best part about baking together! Love your icebox thingy!

Anonymous said...

am beYOND green-with-envy for your water container
what a fab find
.....hmm.....will have to set my 52-brother to work
finding one for ME

happy Fourth!

Judy in San Antonio
gjazaks@earthlink.net

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

That water container is awesome. I love the spout!
Enjoy your pancakes, parade and fireworks!
Happy 4th!
Beth

Unknown said...

I have never seen a water container like that and it is awesome.
Have a great 4th with family, that's what America is all about.

Theresa said...

Sweet tea, yummy sweet tea would be great in that:) Enjoy your fourth! Have a blessed day! HUGS!

brandi said...

~an exquisite find...ever so beautiful and l♥ve the idea of sun tea...as for the bowl lickin'...well mine scrape it so well with the spatulas that there is none left over! wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday weekend...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Anonymous said...

It sounds perfect, Laura! Enjoy!!!

All Seasons said...

Oooh yes, Brownies, I like it, have you one for me :D
I want to say to you, have a wonderful weekend, enjoy this beautiful weather ☼

Have you seen my post today, it's summertime in my garden...
A lot of greatings from Holland
Patricia

French-Kissed said...

I adore your fabulous refrigerator water bottle. Exactly the kind of unexpected treasure that makes my heart sing. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Fourth of July weekend.

~jermaine~

Gert said...

that is so cool...enjoy your ice tea you are going to make:) Tom & I both like to lick the bowl!! Have a wonderful 4th!!

Blessings.......
xoxo Gert

Unknown said...

Sweet tea vessel is great idea. I just happened upon your blog via Dusty Lu. I love it and am following you now! I'd love it if you stopped by my new blog! Happy 4th.

Jami