Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Little Help From My Friends



To start I would like to express my gratitude for your kind and encouraging comments on my last post...
...for thinking of me and my coworkers and keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.
...Your support is deeply appreciated.

As we have all said before...change is good but not always easy.


Because things have been so busy this week there hasn't been much time for picture taking.
No fears!
Fortunately, with a little help from my friends and digging in my photo archives...
I have a few pretty images to share!

The photo above was taken at dear Evi's home on New Year's Day. The little antique French basket pictured on the library stairs was to hold a drinking glass for Vichy water. I saw these little turn of the century baskets at the brocante when in Paris years ago but passed up my chance to buy one...I have regretted it since and coveted Evi's little basket carrier. I was delighted when Corey put several up for sale in her online shop, Tongue in Cheek Antiques and am happy to say one of these dear little basket holders is on its way to me from France!



Evi and I both love our bunnies...
...this one sits on a dresser in a corner of her living room...



Evi's husband sometimes calls her by the pet name Bee...
...(I forget why)...but one can find the bee motif frequently in her home...
Evi...tell us that story again please!



More bunnies on the kitchen wall...



...and birds....
...these wonderful burlap birds she got from Ballard Designs...
...don't they look charming flying about the chandelier in her dining room?



So there you have it...
...the birds and the bees...some bunnies...
...and a little photo inspiration and help from my friend Evi tonight!
She is a never ending source of inspiration to me!

I hope you all have a good night's sleep and wake up refreshed and ready for a new day tomorrow! :)

22 comments:

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hey you,just read your last post,so sorry to hear that...no one is safe these days thats for sure,you take care and have a good weekend,oxoxoxxo

FILIGREE MOON said...

Birds, bees and bunnies! Bee u ti ful! ~ Angela

north pal said...

isn't it wonderful to have friends? and all of them ready to help if they can. how blessed we all are. also wishing you a new day tomorrow with freshness.Bestest,Denise

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the basket! Glad you got one heading your way. Her home is adorable. Love the birds and bees and bunnies!

The French Bear said...

Beautiful and pretty, I just love Evi's delicate way of bringing nature into her home. I have been shopping in France recently too, love the goodies that Corey has.
Hugs,
Margaret B

Dar said...

Baskets, burlap birds, bunnies, bees...what could be finer? I love them all. They are so charming and the knit mittens are adorable...you wouldn't happen to have a pattern for them?
Bless You and Sleep Tight

GardenOfDaisies said...

Those burlap birds are wonderful! I love them!
So sorry to hear about the job situation. Hard thing to go through.

Rustique Gal said...

Hi Laura, I missed your last 2 posts, so am catching up. So sorry about your jobs all ending like that. It's hard to imagine so much of your life just dropping out. But endings are always new beginnings. I hope you find your passions, as you say, and enjoy your new life!

Evi's home is filled with lovely things, and looks bright and sunny and pretty. Makes me think that Spring is right around the corner!
Take care, Sherry

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Dear Laura
Sorry I didn't get over for your last post [been under the weather]. I know this must be a very hard week for you and change is often difficult but I'm sure you star is just rising... I think this will be the freedom you need to lift those little wings and fly...

Thanks for your lovely Australia Day wishes... I'll have to find you some more pics.. xx Julie

Theresa said...

That Evi is something else! She has so many pretties! Love the mittens! Have a blessed day!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

How wonderful to have a friend like Evi!

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

Good morning Laura~
This post is chock full of inspiration ... You are a person full of inspiration for so many others. I know you are going thru a difficult personal period ... but I have a feeling something truly great is going to come forth for you, from you ... I feel it.
xo
Jill

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Laura, I missed your last post too, I don't know how that happened! I am so sorry you are having to go through this, I know it will be hard, and extremely sad! I will keep each of you in my prayers as you face this transition...I think it may be harder for you on Monday when you go in and they are gone...these times in our world are so, SO hard!

The pictures above are stunning and have given me inspiration too! Thank you for sharing them!! I SO love me some burlap birds!!

Lou Cinda :)

savvycityfarmer said...

who would have thot that birds come in burlap ... love it, girl

you gonna make it hon ... happines is not at the end of the journey, but all along the way ...( Naomi Judd at the Judd's Farewell concert)

let's chat

Beth Gales said...

Friends are great to lean on in hard times. Hang in there! These photos are great.

Jaana said...

Im so happy so founded your blog becouse it is so CUTE! Had to become a reader so I can see right away all the beautiful things you have taken!

I hope everything will be OK recording to the last post.

All the best from Finland!

Jaana from "Home at Kainuunkatu"

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVELY bunnies.. they are delightful!

Linz said...

the bunny art on the wall and the mittens... i love them!

Petit Coterie said...

Beautiful photo's! Love the sweet little basket. Have a wonderful weekend.

Michelle

Ange said...

Oh dear, I've been away and only to learn that things have not been right? Pleased to see the birds and the bees are where they should be. My children have just asked me if we can rescue 30 newborn bunnies ... what does one say to 3 pairs of big sad eyes?

Carole said...

Can't wait to spend the day with you all soon at Evi's gorgeous home!
xo.....C

Lisa said...

Lovely Birdies and the mittens are so wonderful!
Great pics as always!
Hugs, Lisa