Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gifts Were Shared



To top off a perfect day with good friends, we girls exchanged gifts...



...Deanna sent a package from her shop Gather and our friend Debbie baked Paula and I her amazing mushroom meringues...I would show you a picture of those meringues but half of them have already been eaten and the other half have been hidden from Santa Baby and the Cookie Monster...



Presentation is everything!



My girlfriends know me well. Paula found these darling red leather antique baby shoes when she was helping out at Gather in Ivoryton ...
After she bought them...Deanna confessed that she thought of me when she saw them too...
What is it with me and little shoes?
...I guess lots of us have a shoe fetish...but an antique baby shoe obsession?



Starla was intrigued with this linen covered book box that Paula gave me...
She bought one for herself from Taken for Granite and when both Evi and I expressed our admiration for its lovely worn look and how she had it displayed in her beautiful home...
...Paula was able to find one for each of us...



Catch a glimpse of those little girl's white cotton gloves? They were on top of the package...ah...she knows me well...another one of my collections to add to...



Deanna sent along this wonderful old oak sewing machine box and filled it with the kind of treasures she knows I love to discover...





An old scotch tape tin, silver manicure tool, fountain pens, ruler and a leather bound pocket dictionary...



Long ago...someone wrote this saying on the inside back cover...



flea...a troublesome insect
52 flea...lots of weekends at the flea market...a troublesome habit...



Everyone should have a famous and talented dollmaker as a dear friend.
Once again, Evi made something very special for Paula and me. Just look at this beautiful antique linen covered paper mache box...with handmade strawberries that Evi stitched with antique fabrics in my favorite blue color...



Inside was a tiny doll that she created with paper mache...
...lovingly hand stitched clothes from antique fabrics...again in my blue...



Paula's little doll and oval linen covered box were in her favorite shades of white, brown and black...equally charming and made with love.
Mind you....Evi did this for us while she was preparing Christmas and her beautiful home for her family. I do not know where this girl gets her ideas, energy, organizational skills and creative genius from....but I want some!!



A few of the other gifts that were exchanged....these Garden Markers came from Anthropologie! Old silver ware with hand stamped names of herbs, plants and other appropriate words like Love and Bloom...





This little etched glass cloche on stand also came from Anthropologie and is the perfect size for a cupcake! The little ornament with the golden bird was tied to the gift that Evi gave me...



...and lastly I wanted to share my birthday gift that Evi gave me last month...
...this lovely blue linen homespun pocket belonged at one time to her Aunt Gertrude...
It is one of the few things she had from this Aunt and Evi has generously and thoughtfully passed it on to me....just because she knows that I would love it...its color and that it probably held handkerchiefs at one time....yes, I collect those too.
I will treasure this very personal and thoughtful gift.

So, there you have it. It was a wonderful holiday and I received many thoughtful and special gifts. My greatest gifts, however and without a doubt, are my wonderful family and my dear friends.

Have a good night!
Back to the office Monday morning!
:)

40 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

You have some wonderful friends that give absolutely wonderful gifts! I love each and every one of them!

alice said...

Oh my you are a lucky girl! Such fabulous and thoughtful gifts. I am sure you are just as wonderful a friend as they are to you. That linen covered box was fab-0 even b4 you opened it! Oh my!!!!!
smiles, alice

Elaine said...

You had quite the Christmas! You are blessed with wonderfully talented and generous friends.
Sounds like a fun day.

Sarah said...

You and your friends are my kind of people. Handmade and specially selected gifts are what make these kinds of gifts true treasures. I adore each one, but that little doll stole my heart. I think she is ver special indeed! Thank you for sharing these beautiful gifts from you talented and beautiful freinds. ~ Sarah

Unknown said...

Just lovely! I would have loved each and every gift you have shown! and yes, Urgh! Back to the office tomorrow...Happy New Year...Tami

Florence said...

Laura you received some beautiful gifts, what fun. I wanted to let you know that I got my Summer Set Life magazine today and very much enjoyed your article. The Barn House Boys that are featured in that magazine also are only ten minutes from my house. Wished you lived closer you would love all their things as I do. Florence

One Shabby Old House said...

How special each gift was and how special the friend that carefully selected it for you.
What treasures you have in both!
Becky

Kitt said...

Wow. I am stunned by your friend's thoughtfulness and generousity. Lucky, lucky you. Happy New Year!

The French Bear said...

Laura, thank you for sharing the exchanging of your wonderful gifts. I felt like I was there, I almost cried when I saw the doll, oh that Evi, she is a treasure, what amazing talent she has, and your little shoes? OMG I was thrilled when I saw the sewing box!! You girls must love each other very much, I have never had that kind of friendship, it must be so lovely! Loved every minute of it, thanks so much for the wonderful posts about your girls luncheon!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Unknown said...

Hi Laura. What wonderful gifts you were gifted with and most importantly...what wonderful friends you have. All are beautiful treasures.

I hope your New Year is filled with beautiful friendships, lots of love and overflowing blessings. Hugs...Tracy :)

BellaRosa said...

Laura amor, I love how you share the special moments in your life with all of us. Thank you it means alot to us all that you do this. Your beautiful gifts are even more special because of the sentiment behind them from friends that truly love and care for you. Besos, Rose

pam q said...

Whew! That was fun!

Especially love those blue strawberries!

And the silverware markers!

And the blue homespun hankie pocket!

But I especially liked seeing Starla!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Your blog is beautiful! It's so nice to watch your wonderful pictures!
Happy new year!

greetings from Hungary:Manka

FILIGREE MOON said...

So many oohs and aahs! Such beautiful and sentimental gifts. And RED baby shoes ~ that's a first. They are precious. Thanks for sharing so much beauty ~ Angela

Bleudelavande said...

Hi my dear friend, finally my computer works, so I can tank you for your lovely wishes and I can wish a very happy new year full of love and serenity!!!!
Such wonderful presents you received!!!!!I love very very much especially that wonderful box with the doll, it's simply great!!!!
Have a nice week and see you soon.
kisses

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very special, beautiful gifts given with thought and intention. Lovely! How wonderful when friends know each other so well. Wishing you a wonderful day. Tammy

LiLi M. said...

Where can I meet such talented doll makers? I want to make friends too!! No kidding, I love all these presents, be sure to spoil these girls once in a while too. Btw. do you know Bleu cottage (yes bleu not blue)? The blog is in my sidebar and is totally dedicated to french blue!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gifts and dear friends too ... who could ask for anything more...

Ange said...

Laura I don't know where to start with praise. It's all so deliciously beautiful and thoughtful. I can only say that - beautiful things come to beautiful people. And it looks like you appreciate your gifts! But you count your friends as your biggest treasures. Tanti Auguri dear Laura.
Ange

manon 21 said...

Que dire?
Que j'aime tout!!!!

Amitiés

Manon

Salvage Thread said...

I love the oak sewing box it is delish, i love storage, xxx

Lululiz said...

What beautiful, thoughtful gifts. Your friends really do know you very well indeed, don't they? Even more so than the presents, your friends are the real treasures.

Theresa said...

Wow... what a wonderful bunch of gifts you got there Sweetie! So many thoughtful gifts, obviously picked especially for you. Isn't it so sweet to know that a friend thought of you and searched for that special gift? Love them all but that saying written in that book.... so true and I'll have to remember that one! Blessings to you and your family!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Dear Laura,
Over the years, you have gathered around you some wonderful, loyal and cteative friends. They know you so well and it is reflected in their choice of beautiful presents that they have created for you. I know that you will treasure all of them but you will treasure most their friendship, which will last a lifetime.
Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful gifts. XXXX

Bonjade said...

Oh la la.... cherise this special friend a lot.....
And so she must be so lucky to have you as a friend. Those baby shoes, oh I love them so much......What a special gift to get.
I love it all, this is given with real love and where do you find such special friends?
Take care and nice day

cheryl kuhn said...

What amazing gifts and what a lucky gal you are to have such wonderful friends!

Jane said...

Seriously...those are the best presents!! What wonderful, creative friends you have. And I bet the gifts you gave them were just as perfect.
Looks like a wonderful time together.
Jane

Rostrose said...

Oh Laura, these gifts are so special and wonderful - perfect for a special and wonderful woman like you are!!!
Hugs, Traude

Jill said...

All so very special! Very special indeed! Happy New Year!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Such wonderful gifts. I love all of them. How thoughtful you and your friends are.

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Oh my goodness gracious! What wonderful things. I love them every one. Thank you for sharing.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Please tell your doll making friend if she needs to adopt a grandma...I am available!!!
That is a precious gift...they all are! Love that silverware too...Oh, I bet that was fun!

Rosemary said...

A great Christmas!!
What wonderful talented friends, you too of course!!
Funny, I thought about getting some metal stamps so I could make those silverware markers.
I might just have to do that!!
Rosemary

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

WOW!! Just fabulous and so are you.... I read the article about you in Stampington and am so excited for you!!! It was really great. And the photos were so pretty too. Congratulations and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Debra
Capers of the vintage vixens

Anonymous said...

I discovered your blog through a link on Jodie LeJeune's blog. I am thoroughly impressed by the amazing ambience you create while inviting readers into such an enchanting life. New to the blogging community, I am on a quest for discovering my blogging identity. I credit you with talent that inspired and brought me closer to my goal! Thank you! -JoDee

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Laura, your gifts are so beautiful and so very you!!! I cannot believe what wonderful choices your friends made for you ~ such kindred spirits! I always love coming here, I know I'm going to see something gorgeous ~ have a great week!!! hugs and love, Dawn

Andrea said...

Such pretty little things! Lucky girl!

Cathy said...

Kindred Spirit Friends are the best! Happy New Year -- your blog makes me smile :)

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

What gorgeous gifts, Laura. Oh, especially the doll that Evi made for you!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Ms 52! It looks as if it is off to a wonderful start!!!!