Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Knapsack Matches



In the same display case at Gather where I found the sweet silver perfume vial that I showed you yesterday...I saw this tiny brass colored metal matchbox. When I asked Deanna the cost... she gave me a look and then put it in the bag with my other treasures. Deanna's that kind of gal.
I knew just what I would do with it...



This tiny ceramic mouse has been kicking around since Kate, now 23, was just a little girl. She used to tag along with me on my flea marketing adventures and, as a born animal lover, had a penchant for all sorts of little animal figurines...
Over the years she collected an entire menagerie of tiny ceramic treasures...
This little mouse looks right at home!



Tomorrow night, I hope to fix a nice dinner, share a glass of wine...



...and then perhaps snuggle up on the sofa with Santa Baby and a good movie...
...I would like to watch a nice romantic comedy or a Jane Austen favorite...
Him? not so much...



I am sure we will be able to come to an agreement! :)

Hoping my replacement power adapter arrives before my laptop and battery fails...
...it's a bit of a race against time!
If I should disappear for a day or two...that will be why!

Happy New Year!

14 comments:

Gigi Thibodeau said...

Oh, that little mouse in the matchbox is perfect, Laura! Here's wishing you a New Year filled with more magic and treasures! Hope you and Santa Baby found a movie to watch tonight.

xo Gigi

Ange said...

Hope you don't disappear too quick! I need you to pop over and give me a favourite quote (hmm - My Symphony may be a bit long ;-) HAPPY 2010 Laura - it's just the right day to start looking forward. Much love
Ange

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Dear Laura
I may be joining you on that couch tonight!! perhaps 'Becoming Jane'.. last night I watched Pride and Prejudice. Now you may know.. I'm sure I saw a Greer Garson version of that movie as a child??? would love to see that one again...

It's been lots of fun this year looking at all your beautiful trinkets and take on this world. You have a way of showing it all to it's best advantage. I hope next year brings all your dreams to fruition... Have fun xxx Julie

Florence said...

Happy New Year to you. Hope you get to watch the perfect movie. Love the matchbox tin and the mouse was perfect in it. Florence

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Just stopped by to wish you a Happy New Year!
Love the pink heart it would so go in my home.
Happy New Year
Maggie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What a perfect little home for a teeny tiny mouse. Sweet! Lovely ornaments, too. Cheers to you and enjoy the movie. Happiest of New Years to you and yours. :) Blessings, Tammy

Luiza said...

Happy New Year, to you and your family!
I hope all your vishes come true!

Hugs/
Luiza

cheryl kuhn said...

Oh I love the tin, that would make a great altered necklace piece, but I do think the little mouse might object to losing her little nest!! I hope you and Santa Baby enjoy your evening and have a blessed New Year!!

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

What a neat matchbox...and the little mouse? Perfect! Happy new year to you. ; )
~Michele

Lululiz said...

The little mouse looks very comfortable and snug in its new home.

Theresa said...

OH Laura, that little mouse in the matchbox... CUTE! Enjoy your New Years Eve with Santa Baby! I pray 2010 will be everything you want it to be:)

Sussi / Sussinghurst said...

Happy New Year!
And thank you for all your lovely pictures.

time worn interiors said...

Happy New Year from our house to yours!
TOT

Eva Agnes said...

It's always interesting to visit your blog.
I wish you a Happy New Year.
Hugs Eva Agnes