Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Past at Evi's



Closeups of some ornaments on a past year's Christmas tree at my girlfriend Evi's home...









The snowman and snow-woman are, of course, two of Evi's handcrafted dolls.
(Be sure to click for a closer look at the details!)



Wonderful collections...



I love this shadowbox that she created.



A beautiful table is always set for guests who are lucky enough to be invited for delicious meals prepared by Evi, a fabulous cook.
She and her husband Eb hand finished these wonderful chairs...
I love the simple white stockings hanging on each chair...understated elegance.



A clean fresh look...neutrals with touches of red and greens brought in from the outside...



Decorations under a blown cloche create a magical world...



A wreath fashioned from ribbon barbed wire, adorned with vintage family photos and gold berries hangs from an old grate above the mantel.

Evi always provides inspiration for me when decorating for the holidays.

It is snowing out...we expect 3 or 4 inches...
...perhaps tomorrow morning I can take a few pictures outside for all of you who have been dreaming of a White Christmas...

13 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Fantastic pictures of your friend Evi's home, Laura. Apart from the wonderful Christmas decorations, I love the dining chairs and the barbed wire wreath, ..... different, simple but oh so effective.
Lucky you, having snow....it makes Christmas time even more special. XXXX

trash talk said...

What a talented friend you have. I love that their names are Evi and Eb...perfectly charming! Their home is a reflection of those names.
Debbie

The French Bear said...

Everything is so gorgeous and so simple yet stunning!!!
Does she sell her work?
I love some of things from previous posts that you have had.
Hugs,
Margaret B

Anonymous said...

What a warm and beautiful home. Great pictures! The dining chairs are wonderful.
Melinda
Alabaster Rose Designs

Lisa said...

Oh how lovely! This is another of my favorite styles. I try so hard but end up throwing all my things together. I like it but still wish I could just pick one! hehe
This year I have focused on retro Christmas and I'm very happy with it. But felt bad pacing back the rest!
Thank you for sharing!
Hugs, Lisa

north pal said...

laura, the ornaments are great and wonderful to see. thanx for sharing. i have one question, i'd love to know the answer. i noticed the two dutch looking plates on the second shelf. would like to know if you know anything about them as i have 2 similar plates and a small creamer. i love them,but know nothing about them. Bestest,Denise

VS said...

it's fun remembering beautiful christmas pasts...this reminded me of some of my favorites, thanks for sharing one of yours! :)

FILIGREE MOON said...

So lovely! Thanks for sharing Evi's warm, cozy space. ~ Angela

Fabulously French said...

Gorgeous, love the christmas decorations.

It looks so inviting.

Leeann x

*The Beautiful Life* said...

HI Laura & Evi! Oh now I really wish I could meet you both! I adore learning about sweet Evi and the peek into her Christamstime at home is wonderful! Thank you!!

~Ruth

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Evi is one very talented woman. Thank you for allowing us to visit her home and see all her lovelies.
Have a wonderful weekend.
~Sissie~

Wilhelmiina said...

What a warm and beautiful home. Wonderful pictures:) Lovely dining room.

Theresa said...

That Evi is an inspiration to all of us:) Beautiful! Enjoy your snow day!