Sunday, September 20, 2009

Return from Rome...Hotel S.Anselmo



To say that our trip to Italy was anything less than spectacular would be an understatement. We were fortunate to be able to travel at all, let alone to stay in the sumptuous Hotel S. Anselmo in Rome for five nights...



This luxurious hotel is located on Aventine Hill in a lovely and quiet area of Rome. It is an oasis in a busy city but within walking distance of the Circus Maximus, the Colosseum, the Forum and the Roman baths....



A shimmering fountain of crystals is suspended from the ceiling of the top floor and cascades down through the open stairway to a pool of light below...









This is the breakfast room where each morning a delicious spread of fruits, cheeses, meat, eggs, pastries and croissants was laid out on the table. On sunny mornings we took our plates out the back door to have our meal at the tables in the garden...



The fireplace in the common lounge area...





My elegant bathroom...



Many of the guest rooms have balconies to sit and sip a glass of wine before dinner...







Window boxes full of rosemary and flowering herbs on the balcony provided color and a delicious fragrance that filled the air...





I felt like a princess sleeping under this headboard...



Modern lights mix with traditional furniture and luxurious fabrics...



My cappuccino ready for me each morning.....how I miss this!













A lovely place to sit and read, write in my journal or wait for for all to gather before heading out to "conquer" Rome...



The tiled wall separating this outdoor sitting area from the street...



Tomorrow we will take the train north through the Tuscany area to Pisa and then on to Lucca...
Our trip lasted just one week and it will probably take at least that amount of time to share all that we saw...

Although this was our second trip to Italy, the first being two years ago (when we visited Rome and Venice) Rob and I were still enthralled with this beautiful country, the ancient history, rich culture, spectacular architecture, friendly people and the food....but that's another post!

I hope you enjoyed the Hotel S. Anselmo.....
...the sights of Rome, Pisa and Lucca are yet to come...

Ciao! :) Laura

31 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

Totally adorable - thank you so much for posting

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

What a wonderful hotel in Rome! Glad to have you back from your trip, Laura, to tell of your travels in Italy...

Bonjade said...

This must be like a dream........
Nice day

lia said...

What a wonderful hotel is this.
it's like a dream that comes treu.

greets Lia

kjkljk;ljljgjgfuyhd said...

Dreamy post. Love the pictures you took and can hardly wait to see the rest!

Rostrose said...

Oh yipppieee, you are back again - and all those lovely photos you show us now!!! A wonderful hotel - yes, you really must have been feeling like a princess!!! I'm looking forward to your next pictures and stories!
And: congratulations to your wonderful prize!!!
Love, Traude

my cup of tea said...

Wow! So beautiful! What a dream the trip must have been!
donna

Unknown said...

Laura, I don't know how you were able to leave, it's so beautiful. Can't wait for part 2!
Tami E.

Gigi Thibodeau said...

What a glorious place! Can't wait to see the rest of the photos.

Stephanie said...

Stunning!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

What a wonderful hotel you stayed in Laura.I just love where you had breakfast and your room looked gorgeous....if this is how the rest of your Italy trip will be then bring it on !!!! XXXX

alice said...

So wonderful! Your pictures are beautiful and you should feel like a princess!
Smiles, alice

Floss said...

What an incredible place! It's so beautiful and luxurious, just to see the photos!

Luiza said...

Thank You for sharing Your wonderful trip with us.
I love the hotel photos, they are so romantic.

Hope You will get a nice start of Your week.

Hugs/Luiza

Chemin des Muguets said...

Laura,

Welcome back to reality! You lived like a Roman princess. Can't wait for more postings on the trip.

Marjorie

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Welcome back Laura,I look forward to seeing the rest of your photos!! Such beauty...ahhhh!! Chrissy

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Laura
Well I love this hotel.. love it... the courtyard reminds me of the hotel in the movie Only You. When I was in Rome I stayed in a pensionne and that was pleasant... but this is more than pleasant... it's wonderful. Love those chairs in the breakfast room too...
So can't wait to see the rest... x Julie

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Thanks for your comments ladies....I DID live like a Roman princess and I don't think princesses should have to go back to work tomorrow morning....do you?
:) Laura

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Actually there's more... the tiled wall is gorgeous and I have that exact scene of the angel gabriel [?] in a book I have...

Donna Reyne' said...

I would have had a hard time leaving and returning to the real world...Such a lovely hotel!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

What a beautiful hotel... I'll have to keep that in mind.
I am so excited to be following along~ I spent the month of May in Italy. I know what you mean by missing that first cup in the morning.
Ciao~

Unknown said...

What a simply charming little place you found in Rome. Will have to keep in mind for our next trip over.

Still talk about the wonderful Cappacinos we had in Sienna, about 3 years ago. My how the little pictures here brough so much of our two weeks in Tuscany back to my mind.

Thanks so much for sharing

Michelle Hughes said...

Stunning, I would love to go!

SMiles!
Michelle

LIVS LYST said...

My friend!
Have you been to Italy?!!!! I guess you will recommend other to do the same. Thomas and I have talked about going to Rome. I really want to see the old buildings!! And everything!

Thank you for visit my blog again. It`s always so nice to se that you have been there.
I don`t have so much time to look around in other blogs now. I`m working and so much exciting things are happening! My bathroom was just in a norwegian newspaper (on internet). You can see a link in my blog!

Thank you for all your pictures from Italy. I really want to go there some time!!!

Have a lovely week, my friend!
Hug from meg ;O)

Theresa said...

This was so wonderful... Gorgeous all around, I had to go back and enjoy it twice:) Have a blessed day and can't wait for more!

sylvia said...

oh my goodness, you have been in Heaven,..I wish I had been there...thanks for sharing!!

Beth Gales said...

These pictures are gorgeous and really makes me wish I was there!

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Laura

What a fabulous hotel. No wonder you had such a great time! It looks lovely.
The crystal fountain looks beautiful.
I look forward to the next installement
Isabelle x

Les Cotrions said...

Ciao Laura!Surely you saw my childish side last week...it's always present! Lucky girl, the hotel looks faboulous! I hope you hadn't too much rain in Rome! Did you do shopping??? It's always hard coming back work after holidays, but...c'est la vie!
Big hugs to you and Rob and many greetings to the big apple!
Vale

Moore Minutes said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful place you stayed...full of charm and much personality.

Anonymous said...

all i can say is "incredible" as i feast my wide open eyes. bestest,Denise