Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pillow Talk



We have slipped away up to the lake house to check on the progress of the new siding that is going up.....long overdue...our neighbors will be relieved to not be looking at our peeling paint any longer...



With the help of my sisters this summer... I started redecorating the master bedroom up here.....decided on grays and a touch of red and splash of black...with a nod to Paris.....remembering our romantic 25th anniversary trip (10 years ago!)...
There really wasn't much to it....change of curtains to a silvery gray, new bedspread from TJ Maxx and a few great pillows! The gray flannel ones and the ribbon one are from Home Goods. The other is a Jeanne D'Arc Living item....The accessories, meaningful small antiques and souvenirs of our trip are what make me think of our special time in Paris...



Pillows can make all the difference in the world....these are in the guest room....the lacy one came from Marshalls, the crewel work on the cream colored one was hand done and the floral one was made from a piece of bark cloth.



It's very, very quiet up here....the boats and floats have all been pulled out of the lake. People have left their summer homes and gone back to their school and workday schedules....



In a few weeks we will be closing up our place too...draining the water from the pipes, stacking the outdoor furniture on the porch and getting things ready for the long Adirondack winter...
But for now...it's peaceful and calm here...the sun shone on the gold and red leaves this afternoon as we traveled through the mountains......hopefully I will have a few pretty pictures to share.
I think I will sleep well tonight and hope you do too!
:) Laura

18 comments:

Unknown said...

You had me at "Lake House"... Isn't it nice to get that one last visit in at the end of the season. We are heading up to Door County next weekend. Of course, my brothers place isn't completely shut down over the winter. But, it sad to put those chair away. We are already closing up the gardens here outside of Chicago.

Your pillow are charming. Are they from up at the lake. What lake are you on? I have extended family that are one Lake George in New York.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Lisa said...

Oh what a lovely post! The pictures and the thoughts! I know you had a beautiful drive up today!
Happy weekend!
Hugs, Lisa

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Very much love the grey one with the rosettes on it -- kinda like that Beurre D'Signy one, too! ;)

Lovely pillows!!

Ruth

The Green Pea said...

Hello Laura, the pillows are so pretty. I need to make a trip to Marshall's to find some pillows for myself. It sounds like it is getting to the end of the season at the lake. Another year gone by.....I love the Seasons each one is interesting. Have a nice weekend. sandi

NicNacManiac said...

Those are absolutly the most beautiful pillows ever!! Maybe they will re-ignight a little romance!! Enjoy your remaining days lounging around the Lake House!! xOxO Nerina :)

Julie@beingRUBY said...

oohh ... owwww
i not sure how to type the right sound!
I LOVE those pillows!! love them.. and grey is my thing!! The 2 grey pillows are divine!! I like the blue & red floral also..

Laura, maybe I could come live in your lakehouse? Really... i don't need much!! Maybe a bit too cold in winter...

Have fun x Julie

Carole said...

The trees must be just starting to turn colors up there. I can't wait to see the change happen here.
Love the new color for your bedroom.
xo,
carole

Pearl said...

It sounds oh so peaceful and beautiful this time of year. Autumn is my favorite! I really like the new look for your bedroom, the lace looks so beautiful.

Magdalena said...

It is 5 o`clock in the morning,sunday.I couldn´t sleep...but you must be dreaming well on those pillows...
Many hugs an lovely sunday,
Magdalena/Color Sepia

Chemin des Muguets said...

Laura,

How pretty are those Parisian touches in your master bedroom! Happy weekend and enjoy your time at the lake.

Marjorie

Luiza said...

The pillows are so beautiful.
I love the first one most of them all.'

Have a nice sunday.
Hugs/
Luiza

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

What lovely cushions, Laura. They all compliment each other, beautifully. I do love the Jranna d'Arc one...I have one too.The bedroom sounds great...grey being my colour for decorating, at the moment.
It must be a lot of hard work, putting The Lakehouse to bed for the winter.....well worth it though for the wonderful times you spend there, the rest of the year. Don't work too hard. XXXX

lia said...

You have such beautiful pillows.
The first images I find more my style, lovely.

have a nice day
greets Lia

Faded Plains said...

Your Lake House seems like such a beautiful and quiet place.

Les Cotrions said...

Ciao Laura! Sorry, I haven't been very present on my blog in the last days...I didn't comment your so nice post about S. Croce! My sister and my nephew Camilla have been in Lucca this week end and I spent all my time with them...they live in Milan and I don't stay with them very often! Your pillows are so nice! It's Lynn who help you making them?? You're right...details make the difference! Your lake home seems to be so lovely in such a peaceful place!
Wish you a nice week...not too busy I hope!
Un abbraccio (hugs)
Vale

manon 21 said...

tu me donnes toujours la nostalgie des Adirondack!!
j'espère vraiment y retourner un jour....

bonne semaine Lisa

manon

Donna Reyne' said...

I too have thing for great pillows! You've chosen some awesome ones! I hope you have a fantastic evening...What a great way to end a summer!blessings...dj

Jennifer said...

I've given you an award on my blog - your site is so beautiful - it inspires me in so many ways - thanks Jennifer