Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Mystery Trip ....


Thank you all for playing along!

If you guessed my mystery trip would be taking me to visit Dawn of The Feathered Nest in Georgia....although that would be delightful.....no, not this time...

If you guessed FiFi Flowers in Florida, or Carole of Maynard Greenhouse in Conneticut or Heather Bullard or Charleston or Savannah or New Orleans or someplace in California....
no, not this time...



If you guessed that I would be visiting Corey Amaro of Tongue in Cheek in the south of France or Manon 21 or Ciel D'Orange or Paris or anywhere else in France....the answer is again no...although Corey and Manon...if you're watching...I would LOVE to come someday!....

If you guessed Sweden or Venice.....the answer is no, not this time...



I will be traveling next week, along with my husband and sister and brother in law, to Italy! And... while traveling in Italy, I will be meeting our blogging friend, the lovely Valentina and Paola from Les Cotrions in Lucca! I am so grateful for this opportunity to tag along with my family...it would not be possible without them... and so very thankful that Vale and Paola have graciously agreed to meet up with us and show us a little of their beautiful hometown....



Magdalena of Color Sepia is the winner as she guessed:
"Anyway, i think that it is fantastic...and I think that you are going to Italy or France... Hugs and have a lovely day Magdalena/Color Sepia"

So, needless to say, I am thrilled and excited for this wonderful opportunity and the fact that I will meet Paola and Vale, who is always so sweet and kind to all of us with her supportive and caring comments....well....that will be the "icing on the cake"!!

I will be sure to take many photographs of Lucca, as well as Rome, Pisa and Florence. I hope to see all the sights and perhaps get a little shopping in as well! Thank you again for playing along!
Ciao! Laura :)

18 comments:

Chemin des Muguets said...

Ciao Bella Laura,

How exciting for you! I have been waiting all day for the announcement. Have a peaceful and beautiful journey.

Marjorie

Julie Marie said...

That was fun playing along...I hope you have a wonderful time... If I had a "Guess Where I Am Going" contest, the choices would probably be TJ Maxx or Home Depot... I haven't traveled in ages! Bisous... Julie Marie

Unknown said...

Ohhhh....I'm soooo jealous! I'd love to be able to paint there for a bit. And to see Florence, oh...I wish I was coming too!
Tami E.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Lucky You Laura
I will anxiously await your photos on your return. Ciao e Buona Vacanza x Julie

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

How wonderful for you! Please take lots and lots of pictures so we can all enjoy your adventure!
My Best,
Gale

Joan@anthinggoeshere said...

How cool. Have a wonderful trip and I know you will be showing us many wonderful pictures!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh how wonderful! Have a wonderful time filled with memory making moments!!

manon 21 said...

Je suis verte de jalousie Laura...
mais contente pour toi.
Une autre fois en provence.
profites de ces jolies rencontres

Amitiés

manon

Magdalena said...

Hahaha, I knew IT!!!hahaha, have a lovely trip and give meny hugs from me to our blog princeses in Lucca!
Have a lovely day of preparation for your trip!
Hugs
Magdalena/Color Sepia

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

You will no doubt have a wonderful time time there! Vale is so friendly, I am sure she will make you feel very welcome in Lucca.
Have a fantastic time.
Isabelle x

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Wow Laura, what a wondeful holiday.My favourite country and, having ben there this year, know what an exciting time you are going to have.... enjoy every moment of it and bring back photographs for us all to share...Bon Voyage. XXXX

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Your trip to Italy sounds fantastic! Hope you have a most wonderful time, Laura! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your trip photos.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Jumped over on a recommendation from my friend Jackie & so glad I did. You must be thrilled to visit Italy & have a guided tour by a fellow blogger. Is the blogging world not terrific?! Take lots of pictures, as it is one of my most beloved places on earth too. Congrat's to you!

Happy weekend ~ deb

Trouvais said...

I was going to guess Venice...but Lucca is gorgeous. Please take the time to rent bicycles and skirt the city's wall-topped boulevard. Surrounded entirely by fortress tall stone walls...Lucca's circumference is easily navigated by bike...its an inimmitable experience. Oh...you will love Italy in the fall! Trish

north pal said...

LUCKY GIRL! bestest,Denise

Rostrose said...

Oh, Laura, that is wonderful! So it is really true! I read it in a comment that you wrote to Vale (when she postet the funny kitchen-robot) but I wasn't sure if it is a joke of you... Lucca is a georgeous place - we have been there twice - it will be a wonderful time for you and your family!
Perhaps you also will visit Collodi (the place where the autor of Pinocchio was born) - this is such a nice place, only 15 minutes from Vale. (I postet 2 old Pinoccio-books on my blog and also some links to Collodi!) I think you really will love the Giardino Garzoni...! And there are so many other beautiful places in and close to Lucca you will be pleased to see!
Warm regards, Traude

NicNacManiac said...

Oh my gosh...have the best time in Italy!! Can't wait to see your adventures through photos!
Enjoy your weekend!!

The Flying Bee said...

Italy! How wonderful! I hope you have a fantastic trip! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Adrienne