Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Gifts of Friendship


While I wait here at Paneras...using their internet...
for my sister and brother in law to pick me up....
...I thought I would show you some photos of the yummy gifts
 that were exchanged last week at Evi's luncheon.
(notice I didn't say "share"....can't, because they have all disappeared by now!")


Anyway, Debbie filled silver paint cans with wonderful treats
 including my all time favorites..her delicious meringue mushrooms.
 (I didn't even share these with Mr. Flea!)


Carole made these awesome lemon marshmallows....
She also gave each of us a beautiful green fern
 which I am hoping to keep alive...
prayers appreciated!


...and Evi gifted us with a beautifully decorated box
 full of her homemade cookies and, well...so much more.
(sorry no photos of those treasures until I return home).


Deanna gave me some fabulous vintage glass bottles with stoppers.
Photos taken with my iPhone...


Paula...oh dear Paula...
...she presented me with a hand stamped and decorated box 
full of the most amazing vintage rubber stamps!
We spied them together in Essex while treasure hunting
back in November...
...and she secretly returned later to buy them for me for Christmas.




LOVE them!

But, most of all...
I love the friendships that we share...
I love how we are all able to pick up right where we left off
 and not skip a beat even though it may be months
 since we last saw each other.
Many, many thanks to Evi for hosting us all last week.

And many thanks to all my friends here
 for all your warm and encouraging comments. 


And a special thanks to our sweetest friend
 Mags from The French Bear...
...she sent a gift along to Evi to give to me at the party.
Such a lovely surprise!
:)
Lynn and I have been packing her home up like crazy.
  We hope to take a few hours off tomorrow afternoon
 to check out an antique mall in the area. :)
That should be fun!

Until the next time I have internet access....take care! :)

15 comments:

Sherry said...

Lovely gifts exchanged...and it's wonderful isn't it when someone takes note of something we've admired and goes back to buy it. I love doing that for people...it makes giving a gift that much more special.

Evi said...

Dearest Laura,
I loved having you gals for our wonderful get-together. I cannot imagine what the holidays would be, without all of you and your friendship. So many wonderful moments, and thoughtful gifts, lovingly given.
The joy of having you all as my friends, is truly the most precious gift!
Enjoy some time having fun with Lynn. Remember whatever you buy, you have to pack, ha ha.....
Lots of love,
Evi

The French Bear said...

Laura, I am so glad you like your little surprise! It's funny how now when I shop I keep so many things that my blog friends collect in mind.......lol, I sometimes forget appointments but I always think of my friends.
You girls look like you had a fabulous time!!!! I can only imagine how much fun it was, I love Evi's style of decorating, and I love my new Santa too!!!!
Hugs,
Mags
xx

Kate said...

Laura
What a beautiful expression of friendship!!! I need to plan something like that with my girls. Beautiful inspiration to celebrate friendship!

xoxo
Kate

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Loved everything .. Thanks for sharing ........Have a blessed rest of the week.

W. theAntiquesLovers said...

I love your stamps too!!! Enjoy and have fun!!!

1 said...

What a wonderful time you must have had with your friends. I love that you make the time to have a special day for just the girls.
Enjoy those amazing stamps!

Unknown said...

Such beautiful gifts and such a blessing to have such endearing friendships. I love the vintage stamps....I have never seen any like them while on my antique adventures!

chateau chic said...

What lovely gifts. So many wonderful expressions of love and friendship. Always the best kind!!
Mary Alice

prince snow farm said...

What sweet friends...what sweet gifts! Must admit I am coveting those stamps!

Kristie said...

Isn't it wonderful how you can have good friends who you don't have to see everyday but the friendship is always warm and inviting when you do.

Such lovely and thoughtful gifts. I'm glad all of you had such a great time. :)

Simply Simplisticated said...

Dear Laura, As I sit here with tears in my eyes Im thinking how very blessed you all are to have such wonderful friendships and to be able to spend special moments like these together.Its such a beautiful thing:)

Sarah said...

Beautiful gifts, but nothing out shines the gift of friendship that you girls share. Wonderful that you all can get together occasionally.
Those vintage stamps are amazing. Can't wait to see how you use them......Have fun shopping! ~ Sarah

Cassie Anne ~ stoneluv.blogspot.com said...

New Follower here! I LOVE your blog! So full of light and love! Those stamps are exquisite! I would have fallen in love with them, as well! I hope you get to make lots of lovely things with them!

Melanie said...

I have stamp envy ! lol
What an amazing gift of vintage. I bet you are having so much fun with them.