Sunday, January 13, 2013

Evi's Holiday Home...Continued


Back to Evi's holiday home and fun and delicious holiday luncheon!

I am currently sitting in a Panera's...
(love their gouda and sausage souffle :) 
...and have an hour to quick put this post up before church!


In Evi's kitchen she has this wonderful scrubbed pine cupboard that her talented husband Ebbie reconfigured to fit the space above her counter.  Evi then had this beautiful red toile fabric set behind chicken wire on the doors.












This winter, Evi dressed her bed in this wonderful quilt
 with muted reds and browns.


I just love the stenciling Evi did all around the room
 just beneath the ceiling.





If I were able to have and keep a home as pristine as Evi....
....I promise I would exercise each morning
 with these old wood barbells!










This shelf above the desk in the second bedroom holds Evi's collections of little stuffed dogs...
...many of which she uses as accessories when creating her dolls.
I always keep a lookout for treasures like this for Evi
 when I am out searching in the flea markets.



This is also the room that Paula and I slept in one year
 when we girls had a PJ party! 
:)....that was so much fun!



While we were having our fun afternoon...
these neighbors kept peering in at us....
...obviously they knew were the action was and wanted to join us.


It broke my heart to turn this sweet dear  deer away!

So...yesterday was Mr. Flea's and my anniversary...
...he in NY and me in Chicago!
Happy Anniversary honey! 

Lynn and I are working hard packing up her pretty things...
...a few more days and we plan to visit some shops
 and do a little treasure hunting. 
 Thanks so much to the kind friends who have emailed me their recommendations and tips for vintage and antique spots in the area!
I will be reporting back as soon as I am able...with photos.

Until then...be well, be kind and have fun!
:)

27 comments:

Muffy's Marks said...

Thank you for giving us a tour of Evie's home. It is just beautiful.

It's me said...

What a great tour again...o my deer a daer !!!..congratulations you two....love Ria....xxx.....

Andy's Attic said...

Happy Anniversary!! Too bad you have to be apart. Love your pics of Evi's home. The room with the book shelves and windowseat is the one I would want. When do we see pics of your home??

Anonymous said...

I have been so inspired by Evi's home tours. My new house has natural cabinets, and my previous home had white cabinets. But, after looking at all these pictures, I have a better appreciation for my cabinets - they are beautiful - and hubs is happier, because he really doesn't want to paint them. Happy Anniversary! Hope this year is very sweet for the both of you.

20 North Ora said...

Thanks for the tour of this beautiful home. Love the deer.

Judy

Anne said...

Happy Anniversary! Oh you are in my neck of the woods! I hope you are having a wonderful time! Lots of great shopping to do and eating too!
xx
Anne

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Evie's home is gorgeous!! LOVE LOVE that pine cabinet!

Low Tide High Style said...

Thanks for another look at Evi's home. I love her stuffed dog collection and all of "her" beautiful creations too.

Happy Anniversary! I hope you all do something special when you get home.

Kat

oldgreymare said...

Enjoyed every minute of the beautiful tour <3
Evi's touch is magical.

Carolyn said...

I really enjoyed seeing Evi's beautiful home.She is very creative.

Thanks for sharing,
Carolyn

Gert said...

Oh Evi's home is beautiful and so inviting... no wonder the deer wanted in!! smile.. Aren't they just adorable?? I get excited each time I see one!!

Stay safe..(happy late anniversary) and enjoy yourself!

Blessings,
Gert

Debby said...

I love Evie's home. All the accessories.....the bears and the little dogs. I see some Steiff buttons in the mix. The beds are made so cute. Must be a special place to visit. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

Laura, happy anniversary!
Thanks for sharing more of Evi's beautiful home. Every room is full of wonder! Enjoy your time in Chicago. Did you get in touch with Alison? ~ Sarah

Carol said...

Laura, these photos are so lovely. Tht sweet little red coat is just delightful. Thank you to you and Evi for sharing with me today. Happy anniversary to you and Mr. Flea.

Smiles,

Carol

joanne said...

always look forward to seeing your pics of evi's house...her home is so warmly beautiful and you surely do it even more justice with the lovely photos you take and post. thank you so much....you are both so talented,,,,

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I look forward to the tour every year! her home is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing it...please pass on to Evi how much I enjoyed it!

Blondie's Journal said...

Evi has such a wonderful home, I love seeing pictures of it. And she is a very sweet blogging friend. Thanks especially for the pics of the deer!

Are you enjoying Chicago? Happy Anniversary!

XO,
Jane

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Just loving the tour, and her collection of pig cutting boards!

Karena said...

Laura Happy Anniversary! I adore Evi's home and all of her darling little collectibles.

xoxo
Karena

2013 Artists Series

Carole said...

Aren't you the good sister helping Lynn during your anniversary. You'll have to make it extra special when you get home. Love seeing the deer in the back yard. Funny I noticed the tracks as we were coming up the stairs but didn't know they had just paid a visit.
x
C

Evi said...

girlfriend, happy anniversary to you and Rob.
Not fair, you two having to be in two different states on this special occasion!
Hope you get to celebrate in style at a later date.
Cannot believe....more pretty pictures. Thank you sweetie!
They are wonderful....and my deer did not even run away. They too know that you are nice.
I will try to answer the questions
some blogger friends have.
My thanks go out to all of you for your very sweet and kind comments. Gosh, you made me feel very special.
Dearest Laura, to you and all your blogger friends,
THANK YOU!
Warm hugs to you all,
Evi

Tutti Chic said...

love part two even more!!! :) chris

Kristie said...

Happy Anniversary Laura! Evi sure has a beautiful home! I love the cabinet with the wire and red toile fabric behind it. It is so cheery and festive.

Beautiful scenery and the sweet deer peering in is precious! :) Have a wonderful time visiting. :)

Ivy and Elephants said...

Her home is just too gorgeous for words! You are a doll for sharing it with us.
Hugs,
Patti

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, I love it ALL!

Thanks for sharing!
God bless....Brooke

http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/
My home and garden site...

http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/
My Vintage Art and Printables site...

LizlovesVintage said...

I just so enjoy when you share Evi's home. It's so wonderful and puts a smile on my face on this cold evening. I made some tea... :)
I hurt my hand on Sat. so I need a blogging break.
See you soon,
xxx Liz

Elodi Freitag Cavagnoli said...

BOA NOITE, TUDO DE BOM PARA VOCÊ.
PASSANDO POR SEU BLOG E COMO SEMPRE VENDO LINDAS POSTAGENS.MUITO BONITO.
UM GRANDE ABRAÇO DA ELODI