Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Taken For Granite in September 2012


Taken For Granite is one of those shops I always
 make sure to stop in when I am in Connecticut.
(If you have been following along for a while you already know this!)
 It is located in Stony Creek which is a section of Branford
 and is famous for the Thimble Islands in the Long Island Sound.
 Because of its idyllic location Michele has created an ambiance
 that reflects the sea and natural elements in the area.
It is a most relaxing experience to browse through this beautiful shop and see unique gifts and decor creatively displayed in inspirational vignettes.


We started outside in the patio area...





Inside we found beautiful and unusual costume jewelry... 


I took tons of photos...
....instead of me prattling on...
...have a look...enjoy!
























...are you still with me?


























I could do all my Christmas shopping here.
In fact...I might!

...can't wait to see Michele's spectacular Christmas displays! 
(remember last year?)

Well...tomorrow I'm off to spiff up my little booths
 at Schoolhouse Treasures...
 ...and then to the lake for the last autumn days
 before we close up for the season.
(...boo hoo...I hate to close up...)

Hope your week is going well!
:)

What am I grateful for today?
wonderful friends...all over the world

22 comments:

Lillie and Moss said...

Hello Laura...My name is Shari one of your followers. I wanted to let you know that your blog is the most beautiful place to visit. I L O V E everything. Has "shari" written all over it! So glad I found your place, I will be back to visit again!

Linda said...

What a great shop...
You are very lucky indeed...
It is sad when you have to close the cottage...but , we at least get to go well into December, as it is in the warmer Niagara region of Southern Ontario...

Cheers!
Linda :o)

Carol said...

I always enjoy "shopping" with you. Enjoy the lake.

Smiles,

Carok

Little Miss Maggie said...

What a fabulous shop. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Definitely looks like a shop to visit...thanks for the invitation.

W. theAntiquesLovers said...

Great post Laura & Dreamy place!! How lucky you are!!!

OhSoVintage said...

Oh WOW, what an amazing shop with so many wonderful things. I would buy lots here if I lived nearer. Great photos and so much to look at and drool over!

G-STYLE said...

Hello Laura,

that is a very nice shop , I see lots of very nice things standing there.
I wish I could look there too but that isn't an option .

Thank you for your comment on my blog , it is always so good to hear from you .... I hope everything is all right ?

Wishing you a wonderful day !

warm greetings from Gea

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Wow...you weren't kidding! A virtual feast for the eyes. If you happen to be shopping for my Christmas gift, I love the crows in the patio and the white display cabinet with the butterpats...hehe.
Keep having fun and enjoy the last days at the lake.
xxoo
Susie

Ariadne said...

A gorgeous shop! I loved the round paper lanterns/lamps and the huge sea glass pieces with the words stamped on them.I wonder if it was real sea glass or tumbled glass. AriadnefromGreece!

Carole said...

Well if I can't get there I at least love seeing Michelle's shop thru your lens. She is an artist at displaying.
Thanks for showing Deanna's too. What an amazing shop she has too. I missed seeing her yesterday as she came to town. I really should stop in to see her.
x
Carole

Pura Vida said...

I would flat stinkin go crazy in this store!

Marilyn Miller said...

I would love a Christmas gift from here. Just lovely!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

OH MY!!! I think I have to have a hanging globe!

Gert said...

Oh, how I'd love to visit this shop! I think I'd do almost all my Christmas shopping there...smile...

Enjoy your last days at the lake, I know you will miss it.

Blessings,
Gert

Gracefully Vintage said...

Thank You SO much for sharing, there are so many darling shoppes out there, so many of us would never know about- Appreciate the share-What an Amazing lil Shoppe-
Karryann

Donna said...

Loving going to the shop, I mentally bought many items!

Donna

sandy said...

I was shopping in my mind as I looked at all the deliciously "romantic" vignettes.
sandy

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely photos of this fabulous shop! A dear friend of mine has shopped there when visiting her daughter. Wish I could visit!

Ivy said...

What a marvelous shop!

Ivy
http://eviestearoom.blogspot.com/

Art and Sand said...

Thanks for the vicarious visit to a wonderful shop. I have a favorite spot in town that I could browse for hours. Just before Christmas I go through and photograph things I hope Santa will bring me. I share the photos with my husband and he gets to take his pick.

Unknown said...

This store is STUNNING!!! Oh my gosh I have to get there :)!!!