Saturday, September 22, 2012

September Walk Through Brimfield - Part One


Walking around the New England Motel field at Brimfield,
 we came across the fascinating booth of South Porch Antiques.


Patrick and Karen Kenny are the dealers responsible
 for these incredibly creative displays.


Who doesn't love a glass cloche?


I love their strong industrial look...



...and innovative, artsy displays.


To see more photos of their inventory visit their website or see them in person in October at Marburger in Round Top, TX and at The Country Living Fair in Georgia.


There was lots more to see at Brimfield this September.
Plenty of items on the softer, more feminine side of things.


...ruffles to die for. 
sigh.


...gorgeous  European linens.



Lovely Swedish antiques...








...and even some Lucite...



It was fun to see this rack of metal drawers...

A few years ago Paula and I found a bunch of these drawers
 minus the rack at the Bouckville show.
Mine were sold but...
  I am sure Paula has creatively used them
 in one of the imaginative vignettes in her cottage.

There was lots more to see so stay tuned for 
Part Two of our Walk Through Brimfield.

Hope you had a happy Saturday...
Dad and I bought tomatoes and home made pastry
 at the Farmer's Market. Yummy!

What am I grateful for today?
Fresh produce, sunshine and people who can bake delicious goodies!

13 comments:

Recycled Rita said...

Thanks for the tour, since I can't get there myself, it is fun to see it thru your eyes! karen....

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Laura, thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous pics!!! The linens and those metal drawers displayed just take my breath away!!! I hope you are doing so, so good ~ sending you hugs and love, Dawn

bec said...

ooh I would love to get my hands on those metal number stencils... great treasures there!
Bec x

trash talk said...

Have I mentioned how much I love Lucite? That set is fantastic!
Deb

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Oh ruffles to die 4 for sure and euro linens my heart stopped for a second! ~Cheers Kim

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'll take the white armoire and the clock please. :@

I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment. Thanks for sharing Laura!

LizlovesVintage said...

I love the pillow sham among the others you took. It looks like the weather held out for you guys! Can't wait for part two!
Have a great Sunday!
xxx Liz

Carol said...

Oh Laura, the ruffled lace is just beautiful. I don't think I could have left without it. It's so lovely. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Smiles,

Carol

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Laura! It's always so interesting to see what dealers do with their wares. All of your Brimfield photos are wonderful. Love your selections. I honestly don't think I could take it! All the linens are so fantastic. That ruffle and lace panel is just luscious. I got a little caught up and saw Paula's house too. What a gift she has! SO cozy and darling. Just like a storybook. I enjoyed it all so much.

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I have been able to go to Brimfield one time. Oh how your pictures makes me want to go again!! Maybe some day.
Louise

joy said...

After 15 years, I had to miss Brimfields this year! Thank you for sharing some fabulous pictures with us!

Yeta said...

Bravo ! Un post plein de choses superbes avec un Énorme coup de cœur pour la taie et son monogramme !!! Merci pour toutes ces belles photos qui m'inspirent et bonne journée !

ReviewsSheRote said...

that lace is wonderful! and the piece with the crown is to DIE FOR!!!!!