Sunday, September 23, 2012

Still Walking Through Brimfield or Part Two


Of course...I spied these purple bottles straight away!

There was so much to see at Brimfield and just one day this time.
My friend Carole of Maynard Greenhouse was there
 and visited different fields than we did.
She took some fabulous photos with her iphone. 
 Check out what she saw (and what I missed) HERE.


Snow White and the seven dwarfs were there too!


I should have bought this blue straw hat
 with its creamy white petals.


Here are more random pics of what caught my eye.
Enjoy!







  I know...weird.
...er I mean unusual.



...so many lovely linens.
Too bad I don't sew. :(




Let them eat cake.


yo yo.


A stunning display of the Red, White and Blue.


This is John Bruno...aka "The Professor" 
of the PBS TV show Market Warriors.
He was being filmed "professing" to these two lovely ladies.
Have you ever seen the show?
I have not...but it looks interesting.
 Actually, anything at Brim is interesting! :)





And once again, I was smitten with the gorgeous textiles
 in the booth of Wendy Lewis of The Textile Trunk.






so, so pretty.





Well, our day at Brimfield was fun...
...but the fun didn't stop there.
Tomorrow I will share some photos of things we saw 
at Deanna's shop Gather in Ivoryton.

...and then we will visit Taken For Granite in Stony Creek.

My time here with Dad has been relaxing and allowed for lots of blog time!
He is all settled in and loves seeing his Florida friends again...
...pretty soon the bocce season resumes! :)

Hope your weekend has been full of fun!
:)

What am I grateful for today?
...a delicious spinach feta omelet, a Sunday nap and time with Dad.

19 comments:

Nella Miller said...

Hi Laura, it has been a while since I have been able to visit!
Loved to see your take on Brim! How I wish I could have taken in all that loveliness at The Textile Trunk of Wendy Lewis...gorgeous! I would have been in big trouble, I am a textile junkie! Thank you for this great tour of Brim! Enjoy this very special time with your Dad. N.xo

Bohemian said...

Okay so I TOTALLY want the Antique Drawer Pulls and some of those Metal Storage Containers with the Wonderloaf Style Graphics on the Front! *Winks* There would have been far too much that I would have thought I couldn't Live without there... but its still on my Bucket List to go one day.

Thanks for taking us along Virtually... Dawn... The Bohemian

Sarah ~ Barn Chic Boutique said...

Great pictures! Thanks for the tour and I can only hope one day to make it to Brimfield too!

Hope you had an awesome time.

~Sarah

Kristie said...

WOW! I can't get over all the lovely fabric and textiles. I would have been in "hog heaven". I am also smitten with that white shelf and those copper and metal tags.

I just saw a commercial for Market Warriors which on PBS tomorrow evening, I think I'll watch it. Thanks so much for sharing all of your lovely photos for those of us who live vicariously through your trips! HAH

nancarts said...

What great pics! Would love to see all that in person, but am a little too far away. Beautiful textiles, lovely bottles (am a collector), and great metal pieces.
Thanks for sharing.

Blessings, Nancy

Gail said...

WOW! I would be so very poor.........!!!!!!

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

Amazing pictures Laura, I can see I'd feel right at home in Brimfield!
One day we'll shop together ...Sharon
x

It's me said...

I hope your walknever ends !!!...nr 3...4...5...6...7...8...9....!! hahahahah!!..love Ria...xxx...

Alison said...

Great photos! I Love those drawer pulls and the linens. I never quite know what to do with them though. Thanks for showing us what you saw!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I do sew and would love to find a fabric outlet with vintage fabrics like you've shown us. I'd have pillows everywhere!

The mannequins are quite a sight!

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I would have loved to been in the booth with all the lovely linens!!!
The mannequins - what a hoot!
Louise

Connie@shabbyforsure said...

Hi Laura, Loved all the photos. You are lucky to get to travel so much. Are you coming to Florida for the Fancy Flea on Nov 3rd?...Connie

Carol said...

Oh I'm loving it all. I'm excited about the rest of your adventure as well.
Smiles,

Carol

Michelle Palmer said...

Thank you for sharing your amazing travels to treasure islands :)
So much fun to see!

Anne Lorys said...

What I wouldn't give to visit this amazing place! Someday!!!

XO,
Anne

Dori @ Bell Jar Vintage said...

Be still my heart! I've never witnessed so many treasures in one location! But I am much richer for it. :)
My husband is probably very thankful, too!

Thank you for sharing with us!

Pura Vida said...

what great finds on a great day. loved looking at them all!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Awesome glimpses into Brimfield Laura ~ I see some calendar pages here!

Ivy said...

I love those linens! Looks like an awesome spot to shop.

Ivy
http://eviestearoom.blogspot.com/