Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bella Market


 I wanted to share with you a few of the treasures I found at the Bella Market on Friday night.
My big Bella sister was the very talented Kim Hanauer who was also a vendor at the market.
She had wonderful vintage ephemera, vintage wallpaper, rhinestones, altered bottles and jewelry pieces that she created herself.  Among those goodies were several vintage purses adorned with tiny frozen Charlottes.


 This is the one I picked out and brought home with me.

I love it.
Don't you?


 I also bought this fun and funky necklace to give as a gift.
Life is a Journey




 And also this necklace created by Natalie Hansen
Breathe.....Life.....Home


 This beautiful red heart is a special piece that I purchased at the table of the gracious and lovely Charlotte Lyons who was selling them for her friend Rebecca Sower's Haiti By Hand.


 I love the fact that all proceeds go directly to the creator of this beautiful piece and helps her support her family in Haiti.
 

 

 I loved these monogrammed patches from Kaari Meng's
...moda fabrics...



 These great numbers came from the vendor table of Kerry Lynn Yeary who was my teacher for the Oh,Tannenbaum class.
She has told me that I must show my completed project....so I will do that later this week....it needs a little foofing since being squished in my suitcase on the flight home.

Of course, that Christmas number 25 is a 52 backwards!



 These metal numbers and letters came from the booth of




 All these wonderful sponsors of Silver Bella contributed goodies to our welcome bags...


 I participated in a swap hosted by Sheila Rumney where we each contributed twenty different vintage trims...



Numbers from Kim Hanauer
Flash card from Jenni Bowlin

Yes, that's me.
52 Flea
Mr. Flea jokes that I come with a lot of baggage...
...so I thought this flash card was perfect.


I hope you have enjoyed these posts about my Silver Bella experience.
Tomorrow I will wrap it up with a few fun shots of the Bellas in their finest and a special gift from my sweet and thoughtful friend Zita of Mlle Magpie.

Hope your week is going well!
:)

13 comments:

Chrissie said...

I love all of your unique items! What treasures!

DustyLu said...

WOW! Can I have some! So many beautiful things! Life is a Journey is my fav! lulu

Paula Guhin said...

Your site is gorgeous, and the photography is excellent!
Paula at mixedmediamanic.blogspot

Lululiz said...

You certainly found some wonderful treasures.

Unknown said...

You sure have a way of displaying beautifully what was probably just in a pile of 'junk' when you found it, right? We all need to think outside the box when we're shopping for little treasures like these at flea markets & such ;)

Michelle
www.jamiesoninteriors.com

Maison Beldecor said...

Hi Laura,
oh, I can see that it was a great sucsess... wonderful treasures you brought, I love the patchs from Kaari Meng!!!
Warm greetings
Bine

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

I love everything you found at the Bella Market, Laura. The purse you got from Kim is precious! p.s. gosh you take great photos of your treasures

Jem said...

It sounds like you had such a fabulous time there! I love the beautiful purse you picked out for yourself and the necklace will make such a lovely gift!

Jem xXx

Debe Leone said...

Glad you enjoyed Silver Bella! I missed this year but Peggy was one of my firstst & bestest friends I met there. Luckily we both live in Houston so we get to play more than once a year! Maybe I will get to meet YOU next year. Love your blog, BTW!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

My roomie got one of Kim's charlotte purse necklaces too. I just loved it!

I have a gift for you, I please send me your address and I'll mail you an angora rose. I chose 7 winners on my blog and you are one.

Vicki said...

There are so many great finds here but my favorite has to be the purse!

cheryl kuhn said...

What a lucky gal to have found all of those treasures, they were just waiting to be found by you!! Enjoy them all!

Helen said...

Truly Inspirational. I too collect lovely vintage things which have a past and soul. My goal in 2011 is to actually use them in a creative way. I have hundreds of old buttons,probably far too many. Thank you for sharing your creative life.
Helen
email: Robertshelen98@yahoo.com.au