Sunday, August 15, 2010

Not For The Faint Of Heart



The usual early morning mist on the lake was not to be seen Saturday morning... ...instead the sun shone bright and beckoned me to pull on my jeans and sweatshirt and get on the road...

Driving up Route 30 toward Indian Lake, my heart was filled with gratitude for the privilege of being healthy and happy and able to have the time to take this ride through these beautiful mountains.

There were hardly any other cars on the road and the sun on the lakes and the treetops was so pretty. This weekend Blue Mountain Lake Museum was hosting their Rustic Antique Show and there were tailgaters set up from Indian Lake on up.

The type of antiques to be seen this weekend were unique to the rugged outdoors and these mountains...

I saw things from old Adirondack camps and hunting lodges, canoes, fishing gear, trapping equipment, snowshoes, skis and toboggans, native American items, Adirondack souvenirs and then lots and lots of antlers and ....well...you will see.

But...be warned...it's not for the faint of heart.



Old china and flow blue...



Old toys and native American items...





Wagon wheels and an old American flag...



...loved this old doll house...





Loved these old type drawers and cabinet...





...a great old cupboard



Architectural items...





Shutters and windows...



Chairs...



...and old signs...



Old wheels and iron grates...



Decoys and Adirondack art...



Souvenirs...



Vintage Pendleton and Beacon blankets



...even old sleeping bags!



Pack baskets and fishing creels...



Paddles, oars and skis...

OK....
So now...
...prepare yourselves...

...this is what I SAW...










I warned you!



And this wonderful old pickup sat outside of
The Old Barn Antiques Shop on Route 30...
...a great little shop!

Beside all that rugged sportsman antique gear I also had a chance to visit with my very favorite jewelers and extremely talented friends...

the renowned silversmiths....

Pat and Butch Bramhall of
The Stonehouse Silversmiths
.

I did a post a while back on my two treasured pieces of their work here...

It was a lovely day with balmy temperatures and I enjoyed being outdoors, poking around, looking at all the wares being offered for sale and visiting with the dealers and other shoppers...

I will show you a bit of what I brought home tomorrow...

After a big Sunday breakfast...most of the family has gone home...
... but I remain here with my parents and am enjoying their company and the quiet life for a few more days!

I hope the week ahead brings good weather, peace and joy!
:)

32 comments:

The Green Pea said...

Wow! I see a lot of fun treasure there. Love all the fishing and cabin theme stuff. Have a nice week. sandi

Karen said...

Wonderful posting! So very different from where I live.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Unknown said...

Ohh...I am so close and always hear about this afterward. Wondering if you're going to Bouckville this week? Thanks for a great post...
**Tami

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Thanks for sharing so many wonderful and unique treasures! Our Flea markets here certainly don't look like that! Ahh . . .I wish the did, minus the taxidermy and furs though. :)

Warm regards,
Carrie

Jamie Creason said...

What fabulous treasures! I am totally digging the old snowshoes! Need to hunt 2 pairs down!

Nutbird said...

Wow! I love it all. I have something of everything except the iron grates and I really want more. What did you buy? Ann

Rosemary said...

I see what you mean Laura, it was great up until the animals. I would have loved to be there.
Have a great week,
xo,
Rosemary

Sarah said...

Laura, thanks for letting us tag along. Looks like a great time. I can't wait to see what went home with you. Perhaps that bear? LOL
~ Sarah

Susy said...

Laura - thank you for letting us tag along to the antique show with you. The things you find are real Americana; an archive of our history.

Gail said...

Ha!
When you said "not for the faint of heart", I thought you would talk about parenting......I'm from the pacific northwest, stuffed animals are common and something we see on a regular basis!
Cute post......

Julia said...

I just love your blog. Your pictures are so wonderful. Thank you for sharing. :)

Yvonne said...

Wow, i love it it all !!!
did you buy anything ?
Thanks for sharing the photo's. i have for today enough energy and adrenaline now :-)

Hugs Yvonne

Florence said...

OMG you guys have such great treasures in your part of the country.

Yvonne - Frl. Klein said...

Dear Laura, I like this old furnitures and the blue car!!!
Have a wonderful new week,
Hugs,Yvonne

It's me said...

Amazing stuff!!! thanks for share.....wishing you a beautiful new week full of joy....love Ria..

manon 21 said...

je chine chez toi...
Viens chiner chez moi...


Bonne journée

manon

kristine said...

trés jolies photos, qui montre une bien belle ballade à travers tous ces stands,
but i wait impatiently the photo of what you take for you !
have à nice day.

Maison Beldecor said...

Hi Laura, wow, what a great market with so beautiful treasures... I'm looking forward to see, what you brought...
Bine

Nancy H. said...

I so wish we lived near each other and we could go out on adventures together. You find some of the neatest things..well, except for the animals!

Theresa said...

WOW! That is a lot of good stuff:) Except for the fur and the giant stuffed animals... ewwww!

Loved all of the wheels, the old flag, the chests with lots of drawers and those lovely white chairs! AND that lovely dollhouse which is the color of my house:) Looks like loads of fun to me!

Have a blessed day! HUGS!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

I've fallen for the wonderful set of white chairs - how fabulous are they? All great stuff, Laura. p.s. maybe some of those guys were friends of our Maurice the Moose, currently above the fireplace in our farmhouse :)

jacklynn4 said...

What a treasure trove! Do they have this sale every year? Is Indian Lake the same lake the Cowsills wrote & sang a song about?
jackie
bliss farm antiques

savvycityfarmer said...

don't you just LOVE days such as this ... I need one ... maybe I'll head out your way!

cheryl kuhn said...

Oh I can't wait to see what goodies you picked out of all that amazing stuff!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Sweatshirt? Sweatshirt!?? I didn't know it was cool enough anywhere south of the north pole to wear a sweatshirt in August! Down south we have our own sweatshirts. Our skin. LOL

Boy the sellers had found some really cool things! A lot of great stuff in one location.

Andi's English Attic said...

Apart from the pelts and dead animals was there anything I DIDN'T want? Particularly liked the dolls house, the fireplace (and semi-circular window) and the iron grate. Thanks for letting us browse with you. xx

Susan Freeman said...

I wish I had been with you! Wonderful treasures. The pelts and mounted heads did not scare me at all. I live in Idaho! I'm crazy about that dollhouse!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Debra@CommonGround said...

I think it's a wonderful mix. I really enjoy camp and lodge-y stuff! My husband is a deer hunting kind of guy so this kind of stuff litters my lower level family areas. Looks like you had a great weekend!
xo,
Debra

Kateyed said...

You caught me totally by surprise! Pelts and stuffed animals are common in the Black Hills of South Dakota where I spent much of my life but you still caught me by surprise!
Hugs,
Suz
P.S. Great antiques...fun post!

Gert said...

Oh what fun you must have had!! these all looked like amazing finds!!

Enjoy your time at the lake!

Blessings....
xoxo Gert

Evi said...

Laura, looks like you had a lot of fun.
Can't wait to see the treasures you brought home!
Hugs, Evi

Jamie said...

Wow - what an amazing find. I would have walked away with a much lighter wallet.