Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Happenings!



So much has been going on...
...I hardly know where to begin!

Last week we moved Dan and today...
...Dan and I helped Kate move out of Brooklyn into Manhattan!

I hate walk-ups!!
Thank goodness Dan was there to do most of the heavy lugging...

Kate's new apartment, shared with three other girls, is tiny but adorable.
If I weren't so tired and had the presence of mind...I would have taken pictures!



The next big news is that 52 FLEA is going to be at Brimfield from Sept. 8th through the 10th with none other than The Brocantess!

Yes, it looks like it is finally going to happen!
...more details to follow in the next few days...

The Brocantess will be holding a sale in Westchester, N.Y. on August 21st....
...I plan on being there to help her and may possible bring a few... (52)... things along with me!
Hop on over to her blog for the latest information on her sale...




This weekend, I will be heading north again and hope to visit the Adirondack Museum Antique Show at Blue Mountain Lake.

Then the following week is the wonderful Madison Bouckville Antique Show !

No wonder it's my favorite time of year!

The three pictures above were old photos of mine that I combined with Kim Klassen's newest 2 textures.....featured on Her 2 For Texture Tuesday ...Music, Art, Joy and Peace Edition...
(click to enlarge...)

I'm having so much fun with these!

OK....that is all I have for tonight...
...I need rest! :)

Hope your week is moving merrily along! :)

22 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Laura,

Yeah, some real REST would be great for all of us during summer! Why is it that everything seems to happen at once? Did bake some special fig cakes last night and need to do more; barely find the time for doing this.

Will check your links and wish I could join you...
Greetings from Georgia,

MariettesBacktoBasics

Evi said...

Dear Laura, happy to hear all is well and both kids are settled.
Enjoy your antique shows. I'll be thinking of you having well deserved fun.
Hugs, Evi

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I have got to get to an antique show, you ladies have inspired me, we don't have them in Orlando until the fall. You have fun!

Carol

trash talk said...

How cool to have a Manhattan address...even a walk up...so Friends!
You better get some rest...sounds like a busy time is just around the corner....like you're not always busy doing something!
Debbie

Judy said...

Brimfield, my old stomping ground! I miss living so close.

judi said...

i plan on hitting bouckville prior to the show...how about you? i haven't been in several years so i am pumped!
and the brimfield show has always intrigued me...who knows, maybe a road trip is in order.
judi ;)

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Oh Laura
How I wish I could pop over there and visit you at Brimfield!! but I know you will show us all the delights in future posts...

Congrats to you and The Brocantess.. I know you will both be a big success..

Beautiful images Laura.. xxx Julie

time worn interiors said...

Boy, you are a busy little flea! Wish I could be in Brim. with you girls!
Theresa

WinnibriggsHouse said...

You have been busy, but at least you also have some great sales to attend. Have a wonderful time. Don't bring too much back!

It's me said...

What a busy woman you are.............relacx baby.....enjoy your day today.......love and hugs from me.....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been busy with no sign of slowing down!!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Love,
Marilyn

Theresa said...

Sounds like you are so busy that you DO need a little rest:) It sounds like you are looking forward to some really good times! Enjoy the moment! HUGS!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

You are really hopping these days, Laura. Sounds like you've got a lot of fun coming up over the next month. 52 Flea and the Brocantess together at Brimfield, well, if I could at all possibly come, I'm sure it would be SO worth it!!!

Yvonne - Frl. Klein said...

Hello Laura, I love your photos!!!! The first is my favourite!
Have a wonderful thursday,
Big hugs, yvonne

The French Bear said...

What fun Laura!!! I only wish I could be there!!!
I just love the photos you did, they turned out so gorgeous.
Have a great time at the sales!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

le ciel flamand said...

What a pity you're so far away, I'd looove to visit your stand! And it looks as if you'll be very busy visiting those antique shows... I can hardly wait to see what you will find there!
Hugs, Annelies

gail said...

oh my, you are busy!!!But it all sounds like such fun. I'm going to try and sneak away and go up to the sale on the 21st. We love to go to a restaurant called Horsefeathers so maybe we can do both!
Good luck Laura with all your happenings.
adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

Decor To Adore said...

Oh my goodness I am just squeeling for you!

Next time you visit you'll have to take some photos of Kate's apartment.

kristine said...

have a good rest, i think you need it !!!
the photos with musique are very nice.
kristine

Olive said...

Oh to go to Brimfield...have fun!

Kateyed said...

Laura,
I love your pictures with the new texture. I sure wish I lived closer and could come and see 52 Flea and the Brocantess. That is awesome!
Hugs,
Suz

June said...

Laura, Brimfield would be so exciting. How wonderful for you! Your '52's will be a big hit I know!!!
Good luck to your children on their recent moves.
hugs