Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Welcome Home!



I had a good flight back today and was met and warmly welcomed at the airport by Mr. Flea...(it seems he missed me!)
...and then welcomed again by some sweet purple crocus in our garden when we arrived home...



Even the first of the daffodils bloomed in the spring sunshine!



The sweet surprises didn't stop there...



A package had arrived from Mira of Belle Blanc ....
... this beautiful handmade linen heart was waiting for me...
click to enlarge and read this special poem by EE Cummings...



...also included were some of Mira's lovely soaps, a packet of Baby Boo pumpkin seeds and a copy of the collage she made of all the entries in her favorite cup contest giveaway...



How very lucky I am that Mira loved my cup as much as I do!



Thank you dear Mira....your beautiful heart will be cherished for years to come!
Your generosity and the time spent on all the details and presentation of your gifts is deeply appreciated.

I had a wonderful time with my family in Florida but it was good to be home again too...
...and I cannot forget our little Starla who welcomed me home with kitty kisses....

But ... I am not home for long!
I am repacking and getting ready to leave tomorrow morning for Montreal, Canada!
We are off to visit McGill University and to meet Ms. Zita from Mlle Magpie!

Let's see what we can find in Montreal to show you!
Stay tuned...

Be well!
:)

20 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW! Have fun! One end of the continent to the other!! hehe Lovely prize enjoy!
Hugs, Lisa

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Dear Laura,
I am very envious. I love Mira's blog, Belle Blanc and, I forgot to enter her teacup giveaway. That linen heart is stunning and amazing and her soaps are delightful. But, they went to a really good home !!!!
Welcome home and bon voyage !
Have a great time in Canada. Have a safe journey. XXXX

Theresa said...

What a wonderful gift to welcome you home, a husband who missed you and beautiful flowers too? Wow... sweet! Have a restful evening and get ready for the next trip!

north pal said...

i am sure hubby missed you and of course,that Starla. she is a wonderful kitty. the E.E. cummings poem is super and i lust for it. Welcome home for just a few days. Bestest,Denise

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Dear Laura
Welcome home!!! You know I was going to enter that giveaway also.. even took photos but didn't post them.. but now I have seen that heart!! hahaha... still your teacup was a beauty that I could not compete with... You know that is my favourite poem.. I posted that poem way back when I did a tag on 'My Heart' so I think it is wonderfully appropriate.. congrats on the lovely win...and have a fabulous time on your next little journey... ciao... xxx Julie

Preemie Donna said...

Wish I could join you I love Canada.. Someday when we win the lottery we will buy a vacation home there.. LOL. :) Come on Lottery..
Great pictures and love the gifts..

Grannys Attic said...

Welcome home, love the flower photos and the sweet gift you had waiting for you. Blessings, Vicky

It's me said...

Welcome home ..and have a good trip tomorrow..........love the heart !

Have a good sunshining day hugs from me......and is you have tome............i really wanne know what you find of my post ,about my bedroom so please come over to see............hugs from me.........by !

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Can't wait till you come, Laura! Have a safe drive up here.

Michaja said...

How nice to be as spoiled like that at one day!

Beach House Living said...

How nice to come home to flowers and surprises.

Lululiz said...

Off again? A right little globetrotter, lol. Wasn't it nice to come home to such lovely little treasures? I do like that heart very much.

vicki archer said...

Have a great trip and enjoy that gorgeous heart....it is adorable, xv.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy! Just popped onto your lovely blog, off now to read some of your past posts....

Olga said...

viajera que!! pasatelo bien
Un abrazo, Olga

Rosemary said...

How nice to come home to such wonderful surprises.
Glad you got home safe,
Rosemary

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Looks like you had a great time. I'll be back to see what treasures you find.

Beatnheart said...

What a fabulous pressie that was waiting for you..have a lovely trip..Montreal is a beautiful city and you will love it...Cynthia

jacklynn4 said...

L, I'll be heading up to Montreal this spring! Please pass my regards to Mlle. Magpie. I look forward to your impressions. Isn't it nice to see spring "springing" here is New England? I have my FIRST SHOW! 29th Annual Duxbury Antiques Show on Sat/Sun. Have a great day!
Jackie
Bliss Farm Antiques

Diana Sh P said...

such a lovely surprise did you've get:)
congrats!