Friday, January 6, 2012

French Botanicals From 1929


You may have noticed this beautiful arrangement of framed French botanicals
 in a few photographs that have appeared here before.
 They belong to my girlfriend Paula
 and hang on her family room wall.


I remember when Paula first laid eyes on these beauties.
It was years ago and at the time we shared a small booth
 in an antique mall in Essex.


These gorgeous French botanicals dated 1929
 were in an elegant booth of another dealer in the mall.


Paula loves the sepia tones of these beautiful pieces of art.


 I adore the lovely old French script.


She tried to resist...


...but was no match for the charm and beauty
 of these fabulous works of art.

  

Paula fell deeply in love...
...and brought them home.


They truly bring the outside in...
...as they are displayed here on the wall of her cottage.



 Happy with her investment in these works of art....
...they have graced the walls here for the last six or eight years.


The time has come though...and
Paula has reluctantly decided that she must let them go.

This set of nine framed French botanicals is being offered for $1,800.
If you are interested in learning more about these pieces please
 contact Paula directly at brusopaula@gmail.com

SOLD !!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!


Helping my bff by getting the word out 
that she is parting with some of her treasures...
Hoping to put her in touch with a few of my blog friends
 who may be in a position to purchase these works of art
 and who may love them as much as we do!


What do you think?
Aren't they gorgeous?


Hope you have a great weekend.
Have you any interesting plans
 or is everybody still cleaning and organizing?
:)

24 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

o.my.goodness....Laura, they are BREATHTAKING!!!! And SO up my alley!!!! Wish I had the extra money ~ they would be mine! I have 22 small botanicals very similar to these, I have them stored away but need to frame them just like these are. You are an angel for helping her ~ hugs and love, Dawn

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Big plans? I have not started taking down the Christmas decor inside...just outside. I have been real busy painting for the shop, so that will be done next week. Since we celebrate Mardi Gras maybe I should make my trees Mardi Gras trees:) These are beautiful pieces and I hope Paula can find a buyer.

Blessings,
Linda

okcamp said...

Paula has lovely things. The room they're displayed in looks like a beauty, too.
Diane

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

They are beautiful! Someone will be very lucky to own these.
xo,
Sherry

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those are gorgeous and I wish I had that kind of money stashed somewhere. Sigh.

Tiziana said...

They are not only beautiful they are FABULOUS!
You did well to get them, look like they are good in that wall, seem to be there forever!
Good buy!
Happy new year Laura!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is really a lovely and special set...hope a buyer comes her way!

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Oh my....I have admired these from the first time I saw them (I think it was from the home tour you featured a few years back). They are magnificent that's for sure!

Well, I haven't bought that lottery ticket yet...best get me one tomorrow!

Hugs,
Susie

summersoul said...

they are gorgeous! have a great weekend Laura!

xo

AntiqueChase said...

wish it was me... they are lovely!

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

They are so divine, I so wish I could do that price, they are so worth it, but alas. I hope someone will love them as much as she did. She has such great taste. You are a very good friend. I helped my best friend in selling her items and used EBay. Hugs, Di

mary pernula said...

Paula has fabulous taste.....all her pretty's in her home are so breathtaking. Hugs Mary

Jennifer said...

Wow they are absolutely beautiful.. so is her home!

manon 21 said...

j'aime ces feuilles d'herbier,on en trouve encore mais c'est maintenant expensive...

1929 c'est l'année de naissance de ma maman...
Demain c'est dimanche je chine.

Amitiés ma chère Laura.

Manon

Rose Garden Malevik said...

This is cool....really cool :)
and do not miss......

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

It is FUN :)
WELCOME
Håkan ( The Roseman)

savvycityfarmer said...

sseriously, how have you not broken in and stolen her collection!


still cleaning and organizing BUT making changes along the way ... see latest post

Gert said...

These are so beautiful....wish I had such a gorgeous place to display them as well as the funds to purchase them!

Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
Gert

La Maison said...

What a beauty's.

Have a nice week-end.
Hermine

Unknown said...

just lovely! that whole wall is really great! hope all is well! susan

oldgreymare said...

Yowza, they are gorgeous! Would look lovely in my place don't ya think? oh well... a gal can dream..
xx
z

Carol P.Montfort said...

Incantevoli e originali grazie per aver pubblicato tante cose carine da vedere dove trovare inpirazione. Mi piace moltissimo il blog lo seguo come una bambina in cerca del suo libbro delle fiabbe preferito!
Grazie dei regali condivisi
Un bacione

Malou said...

Your pics are stunning and I love to have discovered your blog ~ those prints are quite gorgeous indeed it is a shame they have to leave this home for they adorn that wall perfectly!
So happy to have joined the world of blogging and come across such talented ladies
Cheers from Malou from the land of Oz

LizlovesVintage said...

These are beautiful works of Art Laura! Paula, has a good eye for decorating.I hope they sell.
Have a wonderful Sunday :)
xxx Liz

Hong Kong Property said...

they look really great!