Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Few Thank You's and Show and Tell


Thought I would share some lovely gifts that 
I have recently received from friends and blog friends!
 joined us for lunch at Evi's just before New Years.
 She made paper stars and fabric bows for each of us.
 Mine were blue! :)
Carole is so clever with scissors and paper!
 She demonstrated how she cut and folded the paper...
...but it was a bit too tricky for this novice crafter!


 Blogger friend, Leslie Janson sent me a sweet surprise in the mail.
See these charming earrings made from pocket watch keys?
...notice the tiny 5 and 2 !!
Leslie has a wonderful Etsy shop
 where she sells her jewelry and re-purposed creations.
I was impressed with her unique offerings and think you will be too!
Check it out HERE!


...and my dear Paula
...she went into her stash of linens...


...and pulled out this gorgeous grain sack with her initials on it.


I remember being together at Brimfield when she bought it.
She gave it to me because of the blue stripe and she knew I would 
think of her each time I look at it displayed in my home.
:)

Evi made this little white Christmas boot
 along with a white star that she used as a name tag
 and tied to my package.
 (shown on a previous post)


Inside the pretty package was a copy of the book
"Tis The Season...Christmas Eve with James Cramer.
We have been big fans of James Cramer and his late partner Dean Johnson for many years.



Another blogger friend,
 Mary Pernula mailed a package with a surprise
 for each of us girls to be opened at Evi's luncheon.
My treat was this sweet little altered bottle.
The thoughtfulness of blogger friends
 is always such a delightful surprise!


Now, this unusual gift is from my pal Deanna
 at Gather in Ivoryton, CT.
I was there just a week after my birthday and spied
 this crazy and fabulous wire cone.
When I asked the price...she said...
"It's yours, Happy Birthday!"
:)


This wonderful vintage doll dress was embellished
 with the charming art of the very talented Michelle Palmer.
I was lucky enough to win the give away she was holding a few weeks ago
 and was delighted to receive this treasure! 


I just love her work and especially her renderings of birds...
...and mice...
...and other charming critters!
Here is a link to her Etsy shop!


 And last, but not least...
I have been wanting to share with you this necklace
 that Cindy from Fat Cow Studios sent me!
She makes some pretty cool pieces too!
You can check out her Etsy shop HERE


Thank you ladies!
Having friends to share with
 are the best gifts of all!
:)


36 comments:

Bonjade said...

Oh my dear....you are not spoiled....no you are hugely spoiled........
So many lovely gifts and prices.
Lucky you.

Fine evening

diana said...

I absolutely love your blog and the earrings made from keys are just fantastic
I found it so exciting to see what you write about nex time !!!

Vicki Boster said...

Laura-
What a fabulous collection of gifts from your friends. Yes- sweet Carole is a whiz bang with paper and scissors! Her ornaments are lovely. Actually each and every gift is a treasure- the key earrings totally rock! Thanks for sharing-- lucky, lucky you!
Vicki

Leslie said...

Laura,
Thank you, again, and again! I'm so glad you like the pocket watch key earrings! Let's get together when you return from FLA? :)

Blessings from Cindy said...

All your gifts are lovely! What a treat to get packages in the mail with special surprises!
Blessings,
Cindy

~Earth Angel~ said...

Does Carole of Maynard Greenhouse have a tutorial on the paper stars! You are sooooo lucky. I would love to know how to make them. Love everything you do!
Becky

found and sewn said...

what lovely gifts!!

Sandy said...

WOW....lucky you! Wonderful gifts from wonderful friends, doesn't get better than that. Have a lovely day! Please stop over for a visit...love to meet and greet you. xoso Sandy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such lovely gifts...and wonderfully thoughtful friends!

Carol P.Montfort said...

Molto gentile da parte tua condividere i tuoi bellissimi regali con tutti noi! Io sono ammiratrice del tuo blog lo seguo da molti giorni ormai. è un con grande piacere lasciare un commento qui perchè tutto è cosi bello
Grazie
a presto
Carol

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Hi Laura~ What a bunch of fun goodies.
Hope you are having a great weekend:)
~Cheryl

mary pernula said...

Thanks you Laura for sharing all your wonderful treasures you got! Blogging has brought me so much joy. Hugs Mary

Tanya said...

A pretty wonderful start to the New Year, I would say...Have a wonderful week - Tanya

SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

Whoo wee! Lots of purdies! I am a sucker for anything with keys!

Andy's Attic said...

Such lovely and beautiful gifts for you. It is obviuos your friends think highly of you and that says alot about the kind of friend you are!
Annette

Carole said...

It was so easy and fun to make. If I could do it anyone can. Love all your other blogging gifts too.

hugs
Carole

itsbebe said...

I am so delighted for you....what fun for you to share it all with us!

Vintage Home said...

Oh wow what a treasure trove of delight!.....Love the cut work & the keys!....Do you know what the wire cone is from??? and what it does?

Florence said...

You have been so blessed! Hugs! Florence

saint ange said...

Happy new year Laura
for all you love
domie

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

Wow you are lucky to have such dear friends. Very nice gifts but my favorite is the grainsack with the blue stripes and initials. I don't find these type of grainsacks often but when I do, I snatch them up!
deb
linens lace and lattes

Dorthe said...

Oh Laura, what beautiful gifts you recieved ,from Evi and Carole- and all your other blogging friends- I think we are so blessed ,having found friendships,and wonderful people here in the land of blogs, -with whom we can share happy moments ,laughter-,some sad ones also,as they are a part of living- lovely gifts, and the gifts of being "together" in this part of our lives. I am very thankful for all the lovely people I have met here.
HUGS- Dorthe

Dorthe said...

Oh Laura, what beautiful gifts you recieved ,from Evi and Carole- and all your other blogging friends- I think we are so blessed ,having found friendships,and wonderful people here in the land of blogs, -with whom we can share happy moments ,laughter-,some sad ones also,as they are a part of living- lovely gifts, and the gifts of being "together" in this part of our lives. I am very thankful for all the lovely people I have met here.
HUGS- Dorthe

Tina said...

Those are awesome gifts - love the grain sack and the earrings are so cool too.
Thanks for sharing.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

WOW, Laura, what fabulous gifts. Your friends must really love you:) Such talented ladies too. It sounds like it was a fun get together:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

summersoul said...

What thoughtful and lovely gifts. So great to have have friends like that, isn't it?

xo
MC

Joanna said...

What a blessing to have friends that know what you love! Happy to have discovered your blog. It's lovely!
I recently started my own blog about my vintage finds. I'd be happy to have you visit.
http://www.vintageandfrugal.blogspot.com

skippysays said...

Those earrings and linens are both gorgeous!
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Laura...you received some beautiful handmade gifts!! You were definitely a good girl this year!

Michelle Palmer said...

Such lovely treasures... each one so perfect for you!
You're a gem~ that's why so much is shared with you :)

Keity said...

Oh, the pictures are beautiful Especially the first one;)

Sea Witch said...

WHAT LOVELY items, you hare certainly blessed. so glad that you shared them with all of us. Sea witch

Romeo said...

Beautiful and thoughtful presents from some very special artists and friends to one very special person herself ;) Thanks for sharing this wonderfulness!

"Her" and Romeo

Cindy said...

Laura, what a sweet surprize to see my necklace I sent you on your blog. You have been such an inspiration to me and I am grateful to call you friend!

Mar gar et said...

THE CONE! I'd hit the floor, that's AWESOME and your friend is even MORE awesome!

Happy Slightly Belated Birthday!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Absolutely gorgeous Laura
Love those little keys. .and would love to spend a day with you girls .. i can imagine what fabulous energy would fill the atmosphere..

Have a great week.. ciao xxx Julie