Monday, November 26, 2012

Taken For Granite -Christmas 2012



Taken For Granite, Stony Creek, CT

Noelle greeted us at the door...
...dressed in a spectacular gown of glittery sea-foam
 and paper snowflakes.


Yes...the Holiday Open House
 at Taken For Granite in Stony Creek, CT.
 was just as spectacular as anticipated!


Icy blues mixed with silver and crystals sparkled
 from every corner of this wonderful shop.



True to its location by the sea...glass jars of pearly white shells, sand dollars and starfish are always a staple here.


Rustic antiques with worn paint and rough textures
 play against the elegant shiny surfaces of mercury glass and glitter.


A touch of whimsy...a touch of red...a few rusty bells...
...and it's Christmas!


Inspiring vignettes are everywhere.





In the children's corner sits a tall cupboard full of soft and cuddly blankets, knit caps and tiny fur snowsuits.
 Perched on top was this sweet sign.



I love the look of black and white with silver and glass.
...and look at these flameless candles....don't they look real?


Next to the elegant and sparkly side of things...
...a quieter woodland theme was throughout the shop.


There were owls in every shape and size.


Michele does a wonderful job of mixing antiques and vintage items with new gifts and decor.







Paula spied this vintage apothecary jar filled with white buttons
 and brought it home with her.

















The beautiful Michele and Noelle posed for just a moment
 during their busy open house...



It was a wonderful way to start off the holiday season...
...lots of inspiration and creative ideas as well as beautiful gifts, home decor, jewelry, gorgeous women's clothing and antique finds!

If you are in the area this holiday season...
...a stop at Taken For Granite is a must!
409 Leetes Island Road, Stony Creek, CT 06405


26 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Laura, what a wonderful shop, thanks for taking us along! I found some great inspiration from your photos!

Susy said...

Oh my that was fun. I can see why you have this on your "must go" list. I so appreciate the art of buying and merchandising that tells a story. Bravo!

Olive said...

Love the owls and woodland theme. thanks for showing us Laura.

Number Fifty-Three said...

Wow! That shop looks fantastic! Adding that to "my must go to list". I think I could do an afternoon there with probably a quick stop at Ikea in New Haven on my way home. Thanks for sharing!

Angela

Andi's English Attic said...

I've had a fantastic cyber-browse. Thank you. xx

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

What an amazing bunch of photos. The place looks like a winter dream!

Diane said...

Wow! Great stuff and great photos! Thanks for posting!

Carole said...

Did you hear that thud? that was my jaw dropping to the floor. Michele is not only gorgeous and sweet but incredibly talented. Paula was here today and she pointed out some of the lovely things she bought. I can't wait to see her house all done up. Looking forward to seeing Evi next weekend.
x
Carole

Kristie said...

What a beautiful shop with so many gorgeous items! Everything looks perfect with all the items ready for new homes with customers who visit. :)

Unknown said...

This looks like the perfect place to help me "shop local" this Christmas...I must get there! Your photo's are wonderful. Love Noelle!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your photos of this wonderful shop are a feast for the eyes! The little red chair all decked out for Christmas would come home with me if I lived closer. :@

Thanks for taking us along.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

What a feast of delightful inspiration!! Thank you sooo much for sharing with your always gorgeous photos. :D

Pura Vida said...

as you can imagine I love ALL of this!!!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

What wonderful things Laura ...... Taken for Granite is choccablock full of beautiful treasures.
...... you do take us to the most wonderful places. XXXX

Lady Pamela said...

I really loved my visit at Taken for Granite. Too bad I am far away and can't go there in person.
*Smiles*

Michelle Palmer said...

Thank you for sharing! Amazing treasures... wonderfully displayed!

Maison Beldecor said...

Hi Laura,
OMG, what an overwhelming and wonderful shop! All the lovely details - just amazing, how many hours did you stay there???
Hugs, Bine

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Wow...so much to love!!
I want the stack of butter pats and some of those old bells!

Unknown said...

waqar

Unknown said...

i love it

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...


Can we say LOVE ..UBER LOVE !!!!! . I loved all of it. From walking in the door to every detail... I will post on my page and feature you ... I love it all. I ONLY wish I lived NEAR so I could bring some of it home with me................. Keep on posting . I love it here !!!!!!! God bless !!!

michele said...

those dundee marmalade jars are my fav!

hope you can stop by when you have a moment.

smiles and sunshine to you.

michele

Bohemian said...

OMG I want Noelle!!! *Winks* What an Awesome Open House this was... Thank You for Sharing it!

Merry Christmas from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Wow, what a wonderful place. So, so much eye candy!
Hugs,
Jann

Tutti Chic said...

hi laura-i have missed your beautiful blog...I am back to reading & posting again and I am so happy about it! OMG what a beautiful beautiful shop. thank you so much for sharing its beauty with us!! xoxo chris

Verbena nested treasures said...

wow I just was on pinterest & was directed here.what a spectacular place. I loveyour style so glad I stopped by. Happy Holiday. xo Laura