Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Visit to Adjectives Market


Hey! I'm back!
Well, not really....still in Florida.
But, I'm here at my laptop and actually putting up a post.
Let me tell you...retirement is exhausting!

Well, Sister Lynn is officially out of Chicago
 and almost all moved into her Florida home.

The first week in March she needed to be in Orlando
and after a delightful breakfast with nephew Michael
(whose lovely wife Elan is expecting Lynn's first grandchild)
(mega excitement!)
...we made our way to Adjectives Market in Altamont Springs.

Bonnie and Clyde may just be the most photographed dears ever...
...but their charm welcomed us into the booth of French Nest 
and set the tone for our entire visit.


Gorgeous linens...really beautiful things!
Sister Lynn cannot stop thinking about the pretties in this booth.


 



There were really interesting collections and unique items
 throughout this antique cooperative.


I just loved this creative idea of using
 a vintage wire lamp shade frame as a plant holder! 




...pretty cool, right?



...letters, galore.


Loved this old gate used as a door for this cupboard.



A bit of Florida kitsch...
...Lynn, especially adores all things Floridian...
...she went to college here, met her man and all three boys
 were born in this sunny happy state!


The Old Crow had many re-purposed and artsy offerings.


Stellar Junk offered Miss Mustard Seed milk paints.


Upstairs, Paris Market had a wonderful selection
 of vintage clothes and accessories.



And, then finally...
Looking down from the upstairs balcony...
I spied the booth of my friend Shelley of Sweet Pea Home.




As expected, she had an incredibly decorated and unique booth
 which included a wall of beautiful Magnolia Pearl apparel.
 


 Fun letters...

(sorry for the blurry phone photo)



Wonderful art....





...and,of course you know, I love 
all things child like and whimsical.
(after all...I am going to be a great-aunt!)

I hope you enjoyed this quick tour of The Adjectives Market.

I am sorry that not every booth is identified...
...if I have captured an image from your booth without naming it
 please let me know and I will label the photo!

I can't say enough good things about this place...
...it was open and airy, well run and very organized.
The folks there were so gracious and helpful!
Gorgeous vignettes and arrangements in each booth.
Sister Lynn has plans to take her Florida neighbors and girlfriends
 and I will surely be back on my next visit south!

Next post...
Our visit to Robyn Story Designs....oh my!
Robyn also has a booth at Adjectives
 where she sells Annie Sloan Paints, books, supplies, decor, etc.
...but her shop in Tampa....ooh la la!

Hope you are all well....
Thank you for your emails and well wishes for Dad.
He is holding his own...tired...but good!
Half-way through his chemo treatments...working on his latest dollhouse.
Go Dad...go! :)


22 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

Shelley's booth is perfection!
I need to visit adjectives sometime!!!

XO,
Anne

Anne said...

Holy cow beautiful wish I could have been there!!Beautiful photos too!

Anne

Kate said...

WOw Laura so wonderful to see the beauty through your eyes. Lots of true inspiration to be gathered here. Happy Spring to you!

hugs'Kate

Jeanne Henriques said...

Fantastic! Rocking chairs for me! xx

Unknown said...

missed you !!!!

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Hey Laura,
So glad you and Lynn had a nice visit to Adjectives. We certainly enjoy this great shop, especially since I live about 5 minutes away!
Take care and I pray your Dad stays strong through his treatments.
Hugs,
Susie

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Thanks for this look into this fine place.
'Wish it was in PA!!!!
Blessings to you and your family...too.

KKvinneblogger said...

You always show us the most inspiring things! Thank you! :)

Curtains in My Tree said...

I would have loved to walk through there and touch those beautiful linens

oldgreymare said...

YOWZA- one word sums it up <3

Karen said...

Now I want to go shopping! everything is drool worthy. I sure do wish I could visit in person. Thanks for sharing the beauty.

It's me said...

Great stufff !! that singn from the Avenue Champs Elysee !!!....woowwwwwww can you send it to Holland please !!!!...love from me....i miss you !!!...xxx...

Pura Vida said...

what a fun place to get caught up in!

Mrs.D said...

what beautiful objects, love the bell jar and the letters

Annette said...

So glad to see you post! That shop is wonderful. Just full of great treasures. Thanks for the update on your Dad. Glad he is working on a doll house. Sounds like your sis is settling in just fine.
Sending this comment from my new blog mypineconecottage.blogspot.com
Wanted a little change from andys attic :>)

Ellie said...

Adjectives is the coolest place to shop and drool and buy. I go there at least once a week. New fabulous goodies come in every day. Put it on your list to visit when in the Orlando area.

Theresa said...

So much beauty! I would LOVE to shop there! Have a blessed weekend, HUGS!

Woodside Park said...

Hi, Laura -
I'm catching up from being away.
Looks like you are having a wonderful time!! What fabulous treasures! I also love the gate-as-cupboard-door idea! Very cool.
Cheers,
Loi
PS - Loving your instagram shots :)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a beautiful shop...so happy you shared!!

LizlovesVintage said...

Oh, my... let me play a violin for you my Friend!!! LOL!!! Just kidding. Dress 16 in snowsuits all winter LONG!! Ha, Ha ;)
I know moving is the pits.. I can see why you're tired.Nice shots from your travels. Next time, take me.
Is that the sweet pea home from the blog too?
Hope you're relaxing by the pool. Happy St. Pat's!!
xoxo Liz

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Wow! very nice things!!!

Laurie said...

Another so-inspiring post, Laura! I'm glad your dad is hanging in there, too. 'Still trying to figure out where not-to-miss in/near St. Augustine, for junking!