Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Gather...Deanna's Eclectic Collections


When I visited Deanna's shop Gather in Ivoryton, CT
 before Thanksgiving...
...she was just beginning to put a few Christmasy things out.


Deanna believes in enjoying each and every moment...
...and since we hadn't even had a bite of turkey yet...

:)
Both Paula and I loved this small rustic corner table
 that was sitting outside the shop.


Inside...I was smitten with this old stamping set.
I know...I already have two or three or more of them.....
They are just so intriguing to me...authentic and useful!


Deanna has had an unexpected and unusual fascination with taxidermy of late.
This is Phil the Pheasant.


Love, love, love this romantic vanity!


Another old wood tool tote.
This one came home with me. :)


Deanna told us a hilarious story about the fabulous mannequin lounging on the davenport here.
Without going into too much detail...
...let's just say she surprised her commuting husband when he got off the train and jumped into his car.
 Ask her about it when you next stop by!


Aren't those two urns on the mantel wonderful?
Oh yes...that's Chuck, the Duck in the center.


Beautiful vintage furs...


Pretty vintage inspired decorations in a great old Dr. Pepper crate.


I just loved these old cards and viewer.
....the sepia tones and pink coloring...so romantic!


Don't forget the kid's corner.
This is just one of the reasons
 they all stop in to Gather after school!


No matter who is on your list...
...you are sure to find the perfect gift here.
And...you're sure to have fun finding it too!


Pretty colored glass mixed with vintage costume jewelry.


I always get a little weak in the knees when I see violets. 


Isn't this a pretty vintage dresser set? Love the green...


By now...
Deanna has whipped Gather into a Christmas fantasy land!
The charming town of Ivoryton
 has had its Illuminations celebration and it is beautiful.
Even Santa Claus has been making regular visits to Gather!


If you are in the area...
and want a dose of  good old fashioned Christmas ...
...you won't want to miss stopping by Gather
 and having a visit with Deanna and seeing all that she has to offer.
While I was there...I even had a delicious chocolate croissant.
Yum. :)


I hope that you are enjoying this Christmas season.

Although we are anticipating many wonderful get-togethers with friends and family in the next few weeks...we were saddened to have to come together to say goodbye to my dear Uncle Don on Saturday. At 89, he was my Dad's oldest brother and we spent lots of time together, especially summers at the lake.
 He was special and will be greatly missed.

Peace and love to you all...

17 comments:

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

I just opended my shop this past weekend...SOOOOOOOOOOOO I loved your inspiration .. Thanks for posting this beautiful POST of pics .. Just love everything ...and I just love it all......Stop by The Rusty Pearl BLOG would love to have ya

Unknown said...

No question about it a road trip is in order...looking at all of your beautiful pics Gather is just calling me!

Sea Witch said...

all of it. I want all of it. LOL What pretty items.

ThiftedBliss said...

I love Gather-such a beautiful shop and Deanna is so nice. I spent a long time browsing, so hard to choose among all the treasures! Karen from CT

Roxanne Reinhart said...

Oh. I love that shop! Could get lost in there happily for hours.

Kate said...

You are like the most wonderful tour guide Laura. So neat to see all that you share with us. Hope that you holidays are filled with love and many blessings for your family!

Hugs
Kate
xoxo

Kristie said...

Laura,

So sorry to hear about your uncle. It is especially hard to hear of a death around the holidays.

Your faBulous tours are a joy to view! So many lovely things. I love using the tool box for displaying ornaments! :)

Karena said...

Laura I an sorry about your uncle as well. The shop visit was a good respite for you. I love her darling little ornaments and special finds!

2012 Artists Series,
xoxo
Karena

Burlap Luxe said...

Thank you Laura, such a beautiful surprise visit from you. Thank you for your support it means a lot to me coming from you:)
Wish I could have been shopping this shop with you, I see a piece I would have liked to have taken a closer look, tempting a purchase.

See you soon friend.
Before I go how is your lake house coming along ? :)

Blessings into the new year.
Joyeux Noël
Xx
Doré

manon 21 said...

j'adore ces veilles lettres...

Belle fin d'année ma chère Laura

Manon

1 said...

Such pretty things! I love the stamp set....I hope you snapped that up.

I'm sorry to hear of your uncle's passing. You are in my thoughts.

My nose is straight, thank goodness....and all the treasures are safely in the house and waiting on me to work with them today.

I hope that you are having a good holiday season!!!!

TinaA said...

I love the small collection of vintage ornaments!

trash talk said...

Laura,
All your store tours have been wonderful. Have you ever thought of being a shopping guide? Hey...if it works for white water rafting...I'm just saying! Shopping uncharted territories can be just as thrilling and having someone along who knows the lay of the land is always a plus.
My prayers are with you and yours this holiday season.
Blessings,
Deb

LizlovesVintage said...

This shop is grand!! One day I need to visit. I have the exact stamping set complete. So, much eye candy to see. Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving me a comment.
Have a great day!
xxx Liz

Andy's Attic said...

I am sorry to hear about your uncle Don. It must be difficult for your dad and your family.
Thank you for the Gather tour. Maybe someday I will get out that way and venture in.
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, Laura.

SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

loooooooooooove the wood tool tote! I think i would want to just decorate with some ornaments in it as part of my christmas decor! :)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So sorry for your family's loss Laura, keeping you in my thoughts.

This shop is fabulous, I love the big old sign and the red florentine jewelry box is wonderful!!